1899 Olds Gasoline Works Trade Catalog

citydweller

I have an 1899 Olds Gasoline Engine Works trade catalog, which features the Olds "horseless carriage" (pre curved dash) alongside their line of stationary gas engines. It is 6" x 9", 40 pp. illustrated, printed on paper and staple-bound.

Some sample photos can be seen at http://goo.gl/nmxpYj

The back of the book features quotes from satisfied customers, with quotes dating from 1898 through March 13, 1899. This would presume that the catalog was produced in late March or early April of 1899. With the merger of the Gasoline Engine Works and the Olds Motor Vehicle Company on May 8, 1899, it seems certain that this catalog would have been only lightly distributed, and almost instantly obsolete.

Anyone seen another one of these? I think the Lansing Historical Society has one, but that's all I've found.

Any chance you would let the AACA Library & Research Center in Hershey photocopy it?

Steve I can probably do better than that. I'm planning to have the catalog scanned to produce quality reprints, along with some 20 or so other early gas engine trade catalogs. I'll be ordering some copies for myself and would be happy to give one to the library.

• 2 years later...