speedster?

I have recently come across a cowl, I belive from an early Buick '21-24 I plan on turnning it into an early speedste, I am searching for some good photos of speedsters so I can get a better idea of the way the finished project. Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks<BR>Rex

I just read through some of your other post and thought I would add this. I'm 26 years old and I agree with most of you on restoration, I prefer pre war vehicals and pickups until 1965. But as an example the cowl I have is just a cowl no other parts are their. I plan on using an early drive train and frame but if I can find something that will work. I am a metalshaper by trade and build hot rods on a daily base, becase they are what keeps me going, In building my speedster I plan to make it look as if it were built in the late '20s and fab the rest of the body just using the cowl. I think that as long as you encourage young people and give them a hand every now and then they will come around and realize that a car is only original once, and that once this vintage tin is gone or customized beyond regonition, that we have lost part of our heritage.<BR>Thanks <BR>Rex

Roger,<P>Consider finding a buick owner in need of your cowl to complete a restoration project. It may get one more car back on the road that otherwise might not.<P>Just a thought. smile.gif" border="0<P>Peter

I agree, if your cowl is worth anything to you it may be worth the world to someone needing the part to complete a restoration. If you can make the rest of the rod yourself, I would use the cowl as a pattern and build one to fit your needs. This way you could sell this rare part to someone that could never build or find the part anywhere and you could then modify the cowl to fit your needs. Most of the time you can not fit a V8 in front of the firewall anyway so I would make it wider and use new metal so you are not working with trapped rust that will always come back to haunt you later. Find out what it fits and make a pattern from it. Then put it on a board like this one and see what you can get for it. The money you get for it could help your rod have more chrome!