Macungie, Pa

31 Pontiac:<P>I echo Bob's (1937hd45) response. Macungie is a great event. 3 days. Market is great, also.<P>If you can make it, GO!! The Ontelaunee Region presents a class show every year. You name it, it is there.<P>Regards, Peter J. cool.gif" border="0

I'll agree with that. I discovered the Macungie meet when I was going to college in Bethlehem. It really is an excellent meet with a great collection of cars. Plenty of everything for everybody, and I found a hood ornament for a '55 Cadillac my college friends and I were playing with at the time. smile.gif" border="0 My judge for what I consider a good show is how many Packards are present. <BR> grin.gif" border="0 At the show two years ago, there were about 15 or so Packards there, and that was the turnout on Sunday with a steady drizzling rain! I definitely say "go if you can."<p>[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: 56clipper ]

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Great event, been there a dozen times or so. This event has a very large toy flea market and several school building w/ toy vendors. You can walk to it or take the shuttle bus. The toy flea market is probably as big as the car part one. Also there are several buildings and 2 very large tents with crafts and other items for the ladies. Bring the wife and kids, clowns, face painting, childrens puppet shows, a large pool, and band shell with various music (country, swing, polka, big band) all day long and fire works Sat night. This is a very family geared event, only down side is the heat & humidity. Eat diner at the Bear Swamp dinner across from the main gate, get there early to beat the lines. wink.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: SalG ]

Guest BruceW

Das Awakscht Fescht (The August Festival .. aka "Macungie") is a great event for the entire family. It makes for a fantastic day with events that everyone can enjoy.<P>We always register our car. For the $10.00 (pre-January cost) we get our car in, admission for all four members of the family and free, optimum parking. Plus we have our chairs and cooler right there.<P>There are still lots of pre-40 vehicles there. Attend and have a great time. See you there!<P>The Das Awkscht Fescht website is <A HREF="http://www.fescht.com" TARGET=_blank>www.awkscht.com</A><p>[ 07-30-2002: Message edited by: BruceW ]

Bruce,<P>You won't throw rocks at a 1931 Pontiac owner if he stops by to visit..will you? You have a really nice car..looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Guest BruceW

We love all kinds of antique cars!<P>Our Model A Ford should not be difficult to find.....<P>It will probably be the dirtiest Model A there. Just got home tonight at 9:00pm after trailering it 1100 miles from Wisconsin. <BR>Was at the Wisconsin Rapids Model A Reunion last weekend. Got home a day later than planned due to trailer problems. Had no time to clean it up. frown.gif" border="0<P>We look forward to seeing anyone that stops by.

I sure hope everyone had a good time at Macungie, I had to stay home. The thunder storm we had Friday nite caused the yuppie McMansion next door to dump 200 feet of his driveway runoff into my yard and basement.Doing yard work is bad enough, but paying for extra stuff you have no intention of doing is less enjoyable. Need a "Die Yuppie Scum!" bumpersticker.

Bob, sorry to hear of this mishap, not to mention the disappointment in not going to Macungie. Hope the basement damage was minimal.<P>I stopped by Friday and the field was full, not to mention, the market area. They do a good job improving and adding venues.<P>Regards, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0

Guest BruceW

1937hd45,<P>So thats why you never stopped by today..was looking for you. Sorry to hear about the mess. Be sure to invite your neighbor to your mop party.<P>Was HOT HOT HOT at Das Awkscht Fescht... but still a great event as always. Have been attending DAF for 7-8 years and always enjoy it <P>This year, we got to meet some very nice 1931 Pontiac owners from Virginia!<P>Will be mailing out the 2003 registration this week.

Guest 40LUV

Great show, but we really cooked until it got cloudy in late afternoon! Seemed like the number of early V8 Fords was down a little bit, probably no-shows due to Fri thunderstorms and Sat, heat.

Got back to VA Sunday PM. DAS was everything it was built up to be..had a great time, but man was it hot. However, I have registered the 31 for next year and am ready to go back. Great to have met Bruce and family, as well as other really nice people. Am looking forward to "participating" next year.

Guest BruceW

31 Pontiac <P>Glad you and the Mrs. made it back home safe and had a good time at the Das Awkscht Fescht. Will be looking for the Pontiac from Virginia at next years DAF!<p>[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: BruceW ]

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

I did not go this year, I was in Montreal and Quebec. It was pretty hot and humid a few days, so I felt hot and sticky just like Macungie. shocked.gif" border="0