New Engine Delivery

odyssey

Shipping out a Series 12 Engine today. I sure love these beautiful Franklin engines! There are other more fascinating engines, but they are few and far between and perhaps none with the production numbers of the Franklin?

Click on Thumbnail for a better view

post-51799-143142236885_thumb.jpg

Guest BOB KAJ
Shipping out a Series 12 Engine today. I sure love these beautiful Franklin engines! There are other more fascinating engines, but they are few and far between and perhaps none with the production numbers of the Franklin?

Click on Thumbnail for a better view

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218776[/ATTACH]

Its a work of art, do you coat the copper cooling fins or just let them mellow with age ?

Can you add a PIC of the other side ?

Thanks

Bob

Its a work of art, do you coat the copper cooling fins or just let them mellow with age ?

Can you add a PIC of the other side ?

Thanks

Bob

Fins are just cleaned and will tone down. But oil will keep them from reallyoxidizing. I had better say that I believe cylinders were originally painted silver, fins and all.

post-51799-143142236967_thumb.jpg

Guest BOB KAJ
Fins are just cleaned and will tone down. But oil will keep them from reallyoxidizing. I had better say that I believe cylinders were originally painted silver, fins and all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218781[/ATTACH]

Fantastic, its rare to see the fuel cold start thing-a-bob installed on a 28, so what carb is installed ? at first glance it looks like an original (T-2 ?), but I didn't think that was still possible.

Is the distributor an original Northeast ?

Thanks

Bob

Fantastic, its rare to see the fuel cold start thing-a-bob installed on a 28, so what carb is installed ? at first glance it looks like an original (T-2 ?), but I didn't think that was still possible.

Is the distributor an original Northeast ?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob -

Yes, it is a T-2 carb. It is only the second one I've ever seen that is 100%. The float bowl cover is new, the rest of it is perfect. We made a new throttle shaft; that was about it. We also disable the fuemer. The owner will look for another carb (BB-1?) nonetheless!

The distributor is also an original Northeast - in excellent shape. BTW - I found correct distributor advance weights for the late Northeast distributor if anyone is running one. I'm not sure if they fit Ser 11 and earlier, but they are perfect for Ser 12. We ahve two Series 12 engines here - both have original springs that are 'sprung'.

The car (Series 12 Sport Sedan) is so nice & complete, the owner wanted to save all that was possible.

tom

Edited by odyssey
typos (see edit history)

Hi Bob -

Yes, it is a T-2 carb. It is only the second one I've ever seen that is 100%. The float bowl cover is new, the rest of it is perfect. We made a new throttle shaft; that was about it. We also disable the fuemer. The owner will look for another carb (BB-1?) nonetheless!

The distributor is also an original Northeast - in excellent shape. BTW - I found correct distributor advance weights for the late Northeast distributor if anyone is running one. I'm not sure if they fit Ser 11 and earlier, but they are perfect for Ser 12. We ahve two Series 12 engines here - both have original springs that are 'sprung'.

The car (Series 12 Sport Sedan) is so nice & complete, the owner wanted to save all that was possible.

tom

Beautiful job Tom! Patrick is just about done my engine. I am going to use the Stromberg SF 2. Do you know of a rebuilding kit for this carb? Jim Bockin