1955 Orange?

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

This 55 Super was at Hershey in the car corral for sale. I have seen other 55's done in a similar orange but can't find in the color charts that it is proper or a name for it. I know they came out with some spring colors combo's in 55 but I can't find it in those either. Thoughts from the 55 guys?post-30591-143142234311_thumb.jpg

off side question. Was the seller claiming it was original and/or to the best of your knowledge did it look original? I too would like to hear from the 55 guys. This is the kind of question the forum makes for interesting reading.

Guest Rob McDonald

What about Bob Coker's '55 Century 4-door Riviera prototype? Isn't it orange? Could "tributes" of special factory issues be considered acceptable on the show field? Probably not but it sure does look sharp!

Guest my3buicks

Rob, it was one of those combo's that should have been available, it was very sharp, and most would not have even questioned it, as it looked so good.

The car's red and black interior, which I think was original, made the orange paint look strange to me. They clashed. I'm pretty sure the paint was a recent repaint, but the interior was original. While I was looking at it, someone else was questioning that shade of orange and whether it was correct or not.

Pete Phillips

BCA #7338