Sign in to follow this  
colerae

1914 Twombley

Does anyone have any information on the Twombley. I have done a search on the net and got some information but never found anything on how many was built or about what are they worth? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do you have a Twombley or just an interest in the car? Check the Horseless Carriage Club membership roster, there were several listed. Good luck!

Thanks Tom. I just found out someone close to my house has one they want to sell. Seriously looking into it.

When I first became interested in old cars, when I was 12, I collected pictures of antiques from magazines. I believe it was Popular Mechanics that had an old car every month and they called it, "Name that oldtimer" or something to that effect. One was a Twombly. I thought that was a hilarious name for a car (I still do). I recall it being a tandem seat cycle car. When I left for Vietnam, my mom saw fit to throw out all that old useless stuff

Std Cat says the 1913 was on a 98 inch whelbase with a 7HP V-twin, the 1914 was 100 inches with a 10HP 4, and the 1915 was a light car with a 16HP 4, but no production numbers are mentioned.

Srd Cat estimated prices (1987?) (my copy says "First Edition, First Printing" but looks like a cheap knock-off) would br sadly out of date, and I have no idea if they were remotrly reliable at production.

There was one surviving in New Zealand.It went to Australia some years ago.

There is a feature on it in "Restored Cars '" magazine issue 153, July- August 2002.