Bob Nance

FS 1929 Graham Paige Sedan

1929 Graham Paige Sedan , side mounts, 56000 original miles, Body great, Hydraulic brakes, 6 cylinder engine, Had broken valve spring and parked in 1950 . thats fixed , engine turns over, new top and wood, o miles on 6 tires, solid car, needs restoration , $7500

Bob , Napa Ca post-67743-143142230719_thumb.jpg

Hello Bob, do you know which model it is, a 621 ? Is this car with the original 288 cid engine and a Johnson carb with the original air cleaner ?

Do you've the VIN - code and the engine # ?

Bertram

Hello Bob, do you know which model it is, a 621 ? Is this car with the original 288 cid engine and a Johnson carb with the original air cleaner ?

Do you've the VIN - code and the engine # ?

Bertram

I think its the original engine as I got it from a friend and his dad bought it in 195o and drove it home,, its only got 56000 miles on it, I will get the numbers tomorrow . I think its a 621 ,

Bob

If you throw a tape measure on the hubs it will be easy to tell 121 inches; it is a 621. Small chance it could be a 619 (only made 200). Extremely nice driving car I had a 1929 619 cruised at 60 mph all day, the 4 speed transmission helps a lot. Throw on some new brake hoses and they stop great also. I might have a source for the correct front bumper. The 6 new tires are $1200 alone. If I had more room...

I put a tape on the car this afternoon and it is 121 WB,, and I already have both bumpers, The brakes look like they are new also .

Bob,

I hate to say it but if you throw it on ebay it will be gone in a heartbeat. I have seen the small six cars get the money you are asking. The "big six" is a fabulous car to own. I owned a 1929 619 (same running gear, lower trim level). You could drive that car anywhere, 60 mph all day, bulletproof 7 main bearing 6 cylinder engine, hydraulic Lockheed brakes 14"x1.5" drums (stops fast enough you wish you had seat belts!), dual clutch 4 speed transmission, makes a Model A look like a kids toy (traded it for my Grandfathers 1933 Graham). Have a friend in NY he has a 29 Packard 6 and a 29 Graham-Paige 621, he said the Graham is so much nicer to drive the Packard sits in the garage. Wish I had room in my garage, it would be on it's way to my house.

Good Luck,

Graham Man

Hi Bob,is it possible for you to send me a PM with more pics, that I can take a view of the state and originality or to see which parts are missing ?

Do you've a title or do you've the VIN - code that it's possible for you to get a title or a registration ?

Regards, Bertram

HI Bertram

I bought the car from a friend who's dad got it in 1951. if I decided to keep it yes I could go through DMV and get a title.. but also someone buying the car could also, actually nothing is missing on the car, it needs interior, as it set inside a barn since 1951,,, other than thats its complete, even has a clock in the dash, there is a serial number on the car of course, I can sell it with a bill of sale and the buyer can figure out how to title it,, the back lugage carrier is a bit tweaked other than that the body is straight with just surface rust, new top and 6 new tires, my email is Nanceb38@sbcglobal.net

Hi Bob,

do you know if is sure the correct width from 7.00" for the rims of your 19" wire spoke wheels ?

On the picture the side mount wheel is not enough deep in the recess of fender.

Is it possible that the tire is to large in the width ?

I only know, that the earlier 1928's 619 has used bead tires from 31 x6.00 to 31 x 6.20 .

Regards, Bertram

Bertram

this is a 621 and yes the tires are larger than they are supposed to be as I like the larger tires ,,,

the rims are the ones that came on the car in 1929

Bob

In 1928 GP 619 used 6.00 x 19 tires, in 29 they went with 6.50 x 19 as far as I know all the big GP cars after used 6.50 x 19 tires factory (including the 621). I had 7.00 x 19 on my 827 they work fine they just look big. I put the 650 x 19 (common Franklin tire) they look great.

yep the 7.00 s are Big but its a big car,, the only little problem is the barely fit into the fender well . I need to put a carburetor on the car and fire it up one of these days,

I use a Carter SD289 BB1 it is the large size BB1, worked great on my 619 (same engine) the Johnson it came with is junk (lots of cast parts that disintegrate after 80 years) if you were lucky the later 29's had the Detroit Lubricator excellent carb but a lot more expensive now. She should run great.

Hi Bob,

what is the progress of your carb search ?

Do you' ve found a correct valve spring ?

Bertram

I can sell it with a bill of sale and the buyer can figure out how to title it,,

No car will clear US customs without a valid title. Personally I wouldn't buy any car sans title unless it was a parts car which this certainly is not. You will greatly increase the number of buyers if the car has a current title.

Bob is this car still for sale? If so can you send pictures of the engine and the interior to my email thank you!!!

doctorwho2149@yahoo.com