Kentucky Sentimental Tour

Dynaflash8

The second and final "trial" Sentimental Tour was held last week in Lexington, KY and hosted by the Bluegrass Region. Officially it was the S.E. Divisional "Sentimental" Tour. Attendance numbers made it obvious before the tour that it was going to be another success like the first trial run in Virginia in 2001. This concept had been studied for five years before the decision to make this a National Tour in the future, on an every other year basis. That means 2004 will be the next opportunity and it will then be a five-day tour.<P>The Kentucky Tour was wonderful, and it really tested the cars (and trucks) as we wound up through mountains in temperatures sometimes in the 90's and then through the most beautiful race horse country in the world. We visited race horse farms which were truly astounding, where the barns are frequently more lavish and beautiful than most of the homes we see. <P>I can't congratulate Chairman Jim Fettig, Billie Baker and all of the other members of the Bluegrass Region enough for a job well done.<P>In addition to entertainment every day, there were special comedy and music performances by professionals at the hotel and at Renfro Valley. The comedy entertainment was side splitting, and even the State Senator who took part at two dinners was an accomplished comedian as well.<P>A few cars broke down, and few developed a limp (like mine) but finished the tour. All in all there were cars from 18 states, with the longest distance I think to have been Colorado (or possibly Maine).<P>Thanks many times over to the Bluegrass Region for a great week of touring.

I second that post Earl, The bluegrass region did a fantastic job on this tour. Wouldn't we like to have some garages to house our babies like the horses have? My cars were too young for this tour so I hitched a ride from a fellow club member and believe it was more fun with two couples sharing than just the wife and I discussing the directions etc. Their were a variety of very nice cars, and no worry about wrong tires, nicks in the paint and winning that $10.00 trophy. The AACA drivers and passengers are always, as they were on this trip, the greatest people in the world. The Bluegrass Region planned and conducted a very nice tour of another georgeous and interesting part of America. We congratulate you on a job well done and are happpy to have been participants. <BR>Dick & Lois Ivey, Dayton& Peggy Leadbetter

Dayton, your comment about two couples is really true. Because of an overheating problem with their Model A on Day One, Dick & Joyce McIninch rode Friday and Saturday with us in the Buick, and it was great fun. I even had three people helping keep me on course.