New All The Way Round (Except The Car)

midman

Hi,

I posted this information in Buick General yesterday, and just now found this Prewar forum. I hope you don't mind me posting again here. I always wanted a prewar car (not necessarily a Buick, but something other than a Model A or T), and picked this up at Carlisle

1931 8-96-S coupe. Frame #2488306, engine #1248873 on the side of the block and #240600 on the engine head.

If anyone out there can tell me if I have the correct engine I would appreciate it.

I have lots of learning to do on these so I hope you won't mind me asking questions for the next 10 years or so as I get up to speed on old Buicks. I am fascinated by this thing.

thanks,

Chuck

post-96840-143142221229_thumb.jpg

Guest ole buick

Chuck,

I had to post in a couple of places too before I got to the correct places. I really like the Buick Forum because it is the official Buick Forum. However, you will enjoy going to the other forums to see all the extraordinary automobiles and stories. There are a lot of fun people, this is the same as anything else in life. If you participate you can really enjoy yourself. The more you put into it the more you get out of it.

Guest BigDogDaddy

Hi Chuck and welcome to the forum ! That is a fine looking 31 Buick you have. But we will need to see more pictures to be sure. And it won't take 10 years for the guys here to get you up to speed on old Buicks. Unless you only stop in once a year.

I like to read all of the forums and threads even if it does not pertain to my own cars. That is how I learn about old Buicks.

Phil

Hi Chuck.

Now that you have the car, you will need to secure all the books you can get your hands on for her care and preservation.

When I found mine, Jolly John "made" me get a mechanic's hand book AND a parts book. Never regretted those purchases, 'cause they saved my bacon many times.....

Lots of help here on the forum from those who have been there before, so don't be afraid to ask for help.

You have a beautiful Buick, so enjoy the ride................

Mike in Colorado