Model 20 Model T

MochetVelo

Of course, it's been for sale, think they want $18K or so, a highly modified Model 20 with Model T engine and transmission, and of course over to left hand drive. I don't like the rear view, the spare hanging off looks goofy, but I've seen a front view and the car looks much sportier than a Hupp.....an interesting speedster which would be a lot of fun, but you'd always be explaining it, and that to me is the difficulty in modified cars....

Quite a melding of parts in this project. The former owner was in the Hupp Club, and the car appears in a 2007 edition of their magazine. It has Model T steering gear, so the rack & pinion Hupp set-up was removed. Also, both brake bands are connected to work together.

Phil

post-52500-143142217944_thumb.jpg

post-52500-143142217941_thumb.jpg

Appears to be a fabricated or highly modified frame. The connection/bracket from the spring to the frame is strange, on the side opposite the jackstand in the second picture. The gas tank mounting and seat are all either fabricated or modified.

I guess connecting the two brakes makes some sense, since they're now both the "parking brake", with the Model T transmission installed that's the regular brake.