set of bearings rear axel 1910 Oakland

The thrust bearing will go on the end of the Hiatt. The outside diameter of the thrust bearing will just fit, not tightly but not loose, on the lip inside the differential housing axle tube. The inside diameter will fit over the axle but not tight . Even if you don't have the old bearing you should be able to size it this way. The roller bearing will be more difficult. Are you located in the US or out of it?

I'm in europe.. belgium...
Try to contact an indutrial bearing supplier (not a car parts place) SKF & FAG bearings will be common in your part of the world. Likely dimensions will be in inches (not metric ) [1 inch = 25.4 mm ]

A photo here on the forum may help to determine its type

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

OK. An interesting needle roller style of bearing. So as "oakland achteras (2)" ?

What is the problem with the existing bearing

On the Timken bearing web site is a massive file (356 pages 12meg) : Needle Roller Bearings.pdf

Visit a business that sells SKF bearings

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

OK. An interesting needle/cylindrical roller style of bearing. So as "oakland achteras (2)" ?

What is the problem with the existing bearing

existing bearing is worn out i gues. foto 1 same type of bearing but smaller on the outside brake drum. my mecahnic sais to replace them. to much play, unless that is normal?

existing bearing is worn out i gues. foto 1 same type of bearing but smaller on the outside brake drum. my mecahnic sais to replace them. to much play, unless that is normal?

After taking 10 Maxwell rear axles apart I wouldn't be afraid to run your Hyatt's for another century! Hyatt's are always loose and floppy until they are in their housing and the inside is filled with the shaft it runs on. Hyatt's are unbelievably durable, able to digest broken gear teeth and still keep running, some of my Maxwell rears had pulverized inside and yet the Hyatt's, although scared, still ran true and held everything together.

Howard Dennis

I will second the hyatts durability. Is the bearing shown outside the brake drum the thrust bearing? If it is it is a little different from most Weston- Mott bearings. Everything I have seen has the thrust bearing mounted at the end of the hyatt where it fits in a little pocket in the differential housing. I know earlier you said that the bearings had been changed to something different. How about a picture looking in the big end of the differential housing. it is hard for me to see how either of those bearings function for thrust.

post-66641-143142219542_thumb.jpgThe bearing in the outside drum is the same type of roller hyatt bearing as the big one. onley smaller in dimetion. Thrust beraing is like a presure beraing (that is at we call them)???

i wil put picture of the construction like dismantled. Now i think the trustbearng had been replaced with normal open roller berings.

Does anyone knows a person called Philip mcord? He contacted my by privat mail claiming heving al the part i need. wen i asked to send picture or number on the items, he said they are stil on a 1910 oakland that has to be dismantled next week and want me to pay first before dismantling. I wunder how he knows the items are in perfect condition as he said in his first mail. Hoaxer???

post-66641-143142219193_thumb.jpg

post-66641-143142219216_thumb.jpg

post-66641-143142219233_thumb.jpg

post-66641-143142219505_thumb.jpg

post-66641-143142219524_thumb.jpg

.....Does anyone knows a person called Philip mcord? He contacted my by privat mail claiming heving al the part i need. wen i asked to send picture or number on the items, he said they are stil on a 1910 Oakland that has to be dismantled next week and want me to pay first before dismantling. I wunder how he knows the items are in perfect condition as he said in his first mail. Hoaxer???

Yes. Be very suspicious. Do not send any money. Philip Mcord may or may not be genuine. Over the last year or so at have been scam “offers” to people on the forum. If you have the screen name he can checked a little more. </SPAN>