Who makes a complete exhaust for a 1964 Riviera?

96roadmaster

Looking to replace the whole system with something that looks and sounds about stock. Don't want to go louder, but I wouldn't mind if it's a little bit deeper. I saw an Ebay auction but would prefer a company I can trust for a proper fit. Any companies who make a complete setup? I don't want a cut and weld job from my local shop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jhaedtler

Years ago I work in a Midas Muffler shop and we had spec cards on every exhaust system ever made. we could make our own pipes up very fast and they fit the cars. You may want to check at one of there shops and see if they still have the cards.

John

Here is another option. http://classicexhaustinc.com/

I've installed a handful of mail order systems on 66-67s. Be prepared that any mail order system for a Riviera that has such complex bends may require lots of finesse and patience to install it properly. Sometimes when pieces don't fit they will have to send you another one. When buying a mail order system make sure you understand exactly what you are getting as far as clamps and flanges. Somtimes they have to be ordered separately. Mail order systems are fine if your car isn't road worthy or you just can't stand someone else working on your car which the latter is why I use mail order.

Having said that I agree with John that if you have a local "competant" exhaust shop get an estimate from them. No need for them to cut and weld as the original patterns are available if they have bending equipment and know how to use it. It may be 40-50% more than a mail order system but depending how much patience and skill you have, that 50% could end up not looking so bad.

Here is another option. http://classicexhaustinc.com/

I've installed a handful of mail order systems on 66-67s. Be prepared that any mail order system for a Riviera that has such complex bends may require lots of finesse and patience to install it properly. Sometimes when pieces don't fit they will have to send you another one. When buying a mail order system make sure you understand exactly what you are getting as far as clamps and flanges. Somtimes they have to be ordered separately. Mail order systems are fine if your car isn't road worthy or you just can't stand someone else working on your car which the latter is why I use mail order.

Having said that I agree with John that if you have a local "competant" exhaust shop get an estimate from them. No need for them to cut and weld as the original patterns are available if they have bending equipment and know how to use it. It may be 40-50% more than a mail order system but depending how much patience and skill you have, that 50% could end up not looking so bad.

Classic Exhaust sells their systems on Ebay, and that's how my bro-in-law "Leif" in Sweden found them. He asked me to check them out, and I contacted them via e-mail and telephone. Communication w/ Classic was always prompt, efficient, and answered our many questions. When my-bro-in law Leif and I were satisfied, the "trigger" was finally pulled, and I worked with Classic Exhaust to provide an entire STAINLESS exhaust system for my bro-in-laws 65 GS, and together we worked with a freight forwarder to ship it on to Sweden (via DHL Air Freight). In six days, the exhaust system arrived in Sweden in perfect condition. I visited Sweden this summer, and got to see the installed exhaust system while the Riv was on a lift - it was flawless and looked like a factory fit. I also met "Mr. Jocke Bengtson" the local legend in Harnosand Sweden that installed and welded up the complete exhaust system. He said that it fit PERFECTLY and required no "big hammer" fitting whatsoever, it slid in like it came from Buick. Jocke said he wouldn't hesitate recommending Classic Exhaust's work to anyone who was considering them, and Leif and I also agree. Hope that helps!