Who doesn't love a '32?

Bob-

Ill see what I can do for you today. Seems like ever time I try to post a larger resolution picture the forum will not accept it.

Jay

I always adjust photo size with Photoshop to around 500K or a bit less and they load just fine. Use whatever photo editing software you have available and you should be in good shape.

Good looking car! I have a '32 - 67. Can you take some more photos of your engine compartment. I noticed an oil can and wanted to see what else you had. Our heat exhaust valve crumbled apart when I took it off so I bypassed it. Didn't really need it here in Texas anyway. Thanks for the photos.

Maybe I am in the minority but we have side mounts and whitewalls which I think add to the look of the car. You guys are correct. Awesome lines and curves.

Shoe: You are probably in the majority. People seem to want all the options and accessories that were available on there cars. I've seen 3 clocks on the interior of one 90 series car. On some cars, sidemounts add to the car, on some, I thing they detract from the lines. I personally dislike the front appearance of huge trippe lights. The 4 eyes appearance hides the grill shape and features. The good news is that it's a free country and we all can enjoy our cars as we want them to be.

Bob

Bob

I agree that the Trippe lights detract from the beauty of the front of the car. I don't drive ours at night so adding them is not an immediate necessity. Was that OCM who had the 3 clocks? The single clock in our glove box is good enough for me. I am sure that I have posted a photo of our '32 at some point or another but have one with both our cars and their "real owners": my 8 year old and 4 year old at a recent parade. The car next to the '32 is a '39 Plymouth P-8.

post-86274-143142216684_thumb.jpg

Funny Thing

I have the original jack and snow chains and chock which is stamped "Wheel Block" for our Plymouth but will never use it. We take one of the cars to church each week and there is a slight hill. I never trust an emergency brake or a gear when it comes to our cars and a hill. One day I forgot to bring a wheel block so I grabbed a rock and chocked the tire. Since then both boys grab rocks to chock the tires where ever we go. Half the time my 4 year old puts the chock on the wrong side of the tire. Also, they usually make sure to include all 4 tires. Looking back at the photo I am surprised and need to visit with them about slacking on the job!!!

Bob-

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about car design, preference, etc. This car does not look good with side mounts as it tends to shorten the appearance. My 1931 Cadillac in Black Cherry with Black fenders and straw wheels looks great with white walls and side mounts. Just seems to set the car apart from the mundane.......on the Cadillac that is.

Jay Kingston

1932 Buick Model 8-86 Victoria Travelers Coupe

Thanks, Guys! Funny Sandy, only 8" shorter than the big 90! :)

Jay, try it with your fingers instead of the cell phone. your car has a 126" WB, the 33 90 has 138" WB. Haaaaaaaaaa I think we have the same engines tho- Race for titles if you give me half a block.

Shoe- was laughing too-

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy! I know this is the Buick site, but since you mentioned the other two cars I've attached a couple of picture of them. The 1931 Cadillac 355A Closed Coupled Coupe and the 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible.post-58342-14314222133_thumb.jpg

The close-up was taken with a friends 1959 Skyliner in Sonoma Square.

Jay

post-58342-143142221314_thumb.jpg

post-58342-143142221322_thumb.jpg