Sign in to follow this  
Ronna

Vintage car for Wedding in NC

Hi...my daughter is getting married on 5 October in Fayetteville, NC. Need to rent a car (with or without driver) for about 4 hours (5 to 9)...can anyone point me in right direction?

Sorry to tell you this but antique cars are prohibited from being rented out due to insurance regulations unless extra insurance is purchased.Using your car to make money classifies you as livery, like the old livery stables,and if there should be an accident, the claim can be denied. If you have a friend to do it for free that's all right, otherwise,the only direction you could be pointed to is possibly a limo service that has old ones.

Dave is correct in that most antique car insurers don't like "renting out" their insureds.

However- go to AACA home page and you'll see a box to right of the page called "Regions". Enter your zip code along with a distance and you should be able to find a local AACA group that may work with you to furnish wedding cars. Most old car people love to share their old iron. A donation to that AACA group or even a meal will probably find you a suitable vintage car.

Just keep in mind that pre-1930s cars are often open to the elements, so if you find a big open touring car and the weather suddenly forecasts rain, have a back-up car ready.

You might get somebody to put their car on display and posing but anybody driving is taking a chance. If there was a minor incident like a fender bender it wouldn't be a problem but something like a serious injury the ins. company will always look for a way out of paying. I'm in an AACA region and we're constantly being asked to drive wedding parties but it's been years since anybody did it other than for fellow members, gratis.