1916 Dodge Pistons - Cast or Aluminum?

Guest 1997 Z71

Guest 1997 Z71

Does a 1916 Dodge Brothers model 30 have cast or aluminum pistons? The motor has sat since 1983 and it is locked up. I've poured Marvel Mystery Oil in the spark plug holes and it immediately ran out two of the exhaust ports. I've been told by multiple people to break the motor free and then try and start it. I a little reluctant to do this. Any suggestions? I'm going to check the valves as well before I proceed. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Does a 1916 Dodge Brothers model 30 have cast or aluminum pistons? The motor has sat since 1983 and it is locked up. I've poured Marvel Mystery Oil in the spark plug holes and it immediately ran out two of the exhaust ports. I've been told by multiple people to break the motor free and then try and start it. I a little reluctant to do this. Any suggestions? I'm going to check the valves as well before I proceed. Any advice greatly appreciated.

The pistons were originally aluminum alloy, if it were me I would pull the head and see whats what but I have heard time and time again that if these early 4 cyl are broken free the engine will usually start.

At least do some common sense items such as change the oil ect before you attempt this