Sign in to follow this  
John Murphy

Lincoln Zephyr muffler info wanted

I have a non computer literate friend who needs a muffler for his 1947 Lincoln Zephyr. Are there any currently manufactured mufflers that can be used as a direct replacement? Any information or leads will be greatly appreciated.

I bought mine 6-8 years back off George Trickett who welded a bunch up per all original type metal, dimensions (inner and outer), and thicknesses. But I don't think he is making any new parts any more, just selling things out of his remote warehouse. Maybe you will get lucky and one of his contacts manning his warehouse can find a muffler in his existing warehouse stock.

Waldron Exhaust in Michigan sells them too, last week they had one on the shelf in aluminized steel, $80.00.

I'm having one installed this week by a local muffler shop. Gave him the dimensions off the original (or maybe a replacement?) and he's matching them closely except a little shorter (~21"). I'll post again with the make & model.