Fuel pressure - or lack of same.

Guest gotitright

Guest gotitright

Got a 91 with no fuel pressure at all. So far I have checked CCCI fuse #8, (good), changed the fuel pump relay, disconnected the oil pressure sending unit. Then ran power to the green plug under the hood. Bottom line - nothing. At this point I am thinking the pump puked. I am definately open to any other things I should check. Thanks, Kyle

Guest Corvanti

it sure sounds like the fuel pump. you should hear it for around 2 seconds with the ignition in the on position. if i recall correctly, hooking up the green wire will let it run continuously.

here's some info: Repair Tips, Tutorials & Information - Reatta Owners Journal

here's a good price on fuel pumps (also i'd pick up a fuel pressure tester if you don't have one): Fuel Pumps

hope this helps! :)

Guest gotitright

Definately helps, this is the direction I'll go. One thing thats lucky is that I have a car hoist which will make it easier. I will get the pump from the Ronnie/conection. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
Guest gotitright

Thanks to Ronnie for terrific service on the Reatta Store connection and Corvanti for his insight - I finally put my new fuel pump in yesterday. Every thing went like a charm. I was amazed how crappy ethanol made the wire cage look, it looked like it was sitting in saltwater!

Thanks to Ronnie for terrific service on the Reatta Store connection and Corvanti for his insight - I finally put my new fuel pump in yesterday. Every thing went like a charm. I was amazed how crappy ethanol made the wire cage look, it looked like it was sitting in saltwater!
Thank you! I'm happy to hear your problem was solved.