Sign in to follow this  
MountainMan423

Help with ID on a Distributor

Greetings to all. I have a later model distributor - probably out of a six cylinder Chevy, but don't really know. Here are the numbers on the distributor. "0H21" or "OH21", not sure if it's a zero or the letter "oh". And the numbers "1111386". Thanks for any help here. Wade.

Delco part number 1111386 looks to be 1981 Camaro w/ 231 CID V6 California Only.

That's only one of apparently MANY applications for this distributor. It appears to be the default distributor used on the 1981 Buick V6 with the CCC closed loop system. The image below is from the 1981 Buick parts book and shows this distributor for all A, B, C, and E-body applications with the 231 V6 and CCC as well as the E-body with the 4.1 liter V6.

post-48036-14314217737_thumb.jpg

Also, the 0H21 stamp is a date code. 0 = 1980, H = August (the eighth letter for the eighth month), 21 = 21st. August 21, 1980, which would have been very early in the 1981 model year production cycle.

Thanks so much. It turns out I was able to cross reference the number thru a parts website and found the application. I don't have a need for such late model stuff and needed a distributor for a Cadillac and was hoping this one would fit. But, no dice. Fits a bunch of V-6s from Buick Olds and Pontiac. But, no Cad. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Thanks so much. It turns out I was able to cross reference the number thru a parts website and found the application. I don't have a need for such late model stuff and needed a distributor for a Cadillac and was hoping this one would fit. But, no dice. Fits a bunch of V-6s from Buick Olds and Pontiac. But, no Cad. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Just to be clear, the distributor fits the Buick-sourced V6 motors. These were used in nearly all GM car lines at one time or another, but they are Buick motors.