1923 Maxwell cooland leak

Bluejeepnut

I just purchased a 1923 Maxwell Sport Touring. It's leaking engine coolant under the first cylinder exhaust port. The coolant is not in the manifold or the cylinder. I haven't removed the manifold, but I suspect it is leaking around the exhaust manifold stud. I am fearful the block is cracked, it's such a nice car. Can anyone provide some insight or advice? Thank you.

I just purchased a 1923 Maxwell Sport Touring. It's leaking engine coolant under the first cylinder exhaust port. The coolant is not in the manifold or the cylinder. I haven't removed the manifold, but I suspect it is leaking around the exhaust manifold stud. I am fearful the block is cracked, it's such a nice car. Can anyone provide some insight or advice? Thank you.

Not uncommon for this vehicle as manifold studs screw thru into the water jacket. If its not been moved in a while its quite likely the stud has corroded and leak commenced, so first see if the stud can be removed (there is potential for it too break), get it out, find another, goop it up with sealant and stick it back in. A word of caution if you have to remove the exhaust manifold - be careful - they are prone to crack and break and absolutely impossible to find as a replacement