Gas Pump 1930-1950

Looking for visible or later gas pump, in decent, complete, original and un-restored condition. Total surface rust ok, just not rusted through. Within 4-5 hours of Athens Ga. Leads appreciated also.

Thanks

feel free to email me at 1954buick at gmail dot com

Edited by MrEarl
changed mile to hours, what was I thinkin and added email (see edit history)

Found one, thanks to those who responded and offered leads.

I like the "patina" of this pump and have no plans to restore it. It has always been under cover so is not rusted through anywhere and all the guts are still in it. Not a visible but she is a tall one. Looking for a Tokheim nozzle and a used hose now.:)

post-31987-143142186137_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142186157_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142186174_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142186193_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142186213_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142186232_thumb.jpg

Found one, thanks to those who responded and offered leads.

I like the "patina" of this pump and have no plans to restore it. It has always been under cover so is not rusted through anywhere and all the guts are still in it. Not a visible but she is a tall one. Looking for a Tokheim nozzle and a used hose now.:)

Great find Lamar, any idea as to the Gas company it's associated with?

What a nice way of saying "looks like all the rest of your rusty ol junk" Roy. he he he ;)

Good question Dave. It is a Tokheim and I think they were typically red and wonder if the color it got painted later may be a certain gas company color?? . I am just beginning to learn a few things about old gas station stuff. Doesn't really matter, as I plan to leave it as is and put a BUICK glass globe on top. I am researching whether or not Buick used a certain gas brand for their service islands. If so I may try to go with that name in the upper lighted "ad" window.

If anyone has any info re this, please chime in.

BTW got a nice nozzle on the way, with patina.....

Now I need to find a hose. Anybody?????

post-31987-143142190464_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14314219045_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142190455_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14314219046_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could buy this and then sell the nozzle?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gilbarco-Gas-Pump-Nozzle-811-d-With-Hose-/161103397731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258282c363

Or, there are lots of new gas pump hoses on Ebay...

yea, but you know me and my hang up about patina.....:D

and you know me... I'm cheap......hoping to find one off a restored pump someone is just gonna toss.

Guest danceswithpumps
additional pics of Buick related gas pump stuff. can anyone identify the name brand pumps in the Buick dealership photo and the toy pump photo.

Mr. Earl,

I believe the two pumps on either side are Wayne model 70s. The pump in the middle is a Gilbert Barker model 86. The toy pump is a Wayne 60. I think it is a fantasy pump as I don't believe Buick ever was a brand of gas. Repo globes are available in many makes of cars for us car lovers to put beside our cars. By the way, the brand of gas at the dealership is Standard Red and White Crown.

Hope this helps. :)

Rod van Pelt

Guest danceswithpumps

Mr. Earl,

Your pump is very nice Tokheim 39 tall.

Nice score on the nozzle too. Someone does repop those nozzle caps also.

Hoses are available, usually black or green (for diesel) at any farm supply store.

Rod van Pelt

Edited by danceswithpumps (see edit history)

Mr Earl,

You might try calling your local gas wholesaler or a local independent gas station and ask if you might be able to get them to save you the next one that they take off when they need to replace one.

Mr. Earl,

I believe the two pumps on either side are Wayne model 70s. The pump in the middle is a Gilbert Barker model 86. The toy pump is a Wayne 60. I think it is a fantasy pump as I don't believe Buick ever was a brand of gas. Repo globes are available in many makes of cars for us car lovers to put beside our cars. By the way, the brand of gas at the dealership is Standard Red and White Crown.

Hope this helps. :)

Rod van Pelt

Thanks for the info "pumpdancer". Yea that makes sense that that is a "fantasy" pump (Buick dealt in oil in it's early years but never refined gas that I know of) so maybe I'll be on the look out for a correct globe. Any idea how the pump got painted that color. Would a gas company have painted it to match their color and if so what company would that have been reckon? (or perhaps did the gas station owners wife just like that color and told her husband to paint it green).

Mr. Earl,

Your pump is very nice Tokheim 39 tall.

Nice score on the nozzle too. Someone does repop those nozzle caps also.

Hoses are available, usually black or green (for diesel) at any farm supply store.

Rod van Pelt

Thanks Rod. I have yet to pick it up but can't wait to get it home.

Mr Earl,

You might try calling your local gas wholesaler or a local independent gas station and ask if you might be able to get them to save you the next one that they take off when they need to replace one.

there is one just up the road, will stop by and see what they have...thanks Matt