'69 Avanti II Brake questions

Guest 69avantiII

Guest 69avantiII

I'm new to AACA and need help locating brake parts for my '69 Avanti II.

I am specifically looking for wheel cylinders and calipers. Any help would be greatly apprecated!

Welcome to the AACA and forums. There is a wealth of information and help here, as I learn every time I ask for it. I own a 1963 Avanti by Studebaker and am not familiar with the Avant II so much. I know your drive train is period GM, maybe a 400CI with TH400 tranny? Are the brakes also period GM? Mine are factory original Bendix from 1963, disc front, drum rear.

Again, not much help but welcome to the Forum. You might also want to try the AOA (Avanti Owners Association) for sources. I know there are a lot of Stude sites for parts and help but not sure on Avanti II's.

Regards,

May I strongly suggest a disc brake conversion from Turner Brakes. If you have the original Dunlop style non sliding caliper, non-vented rotor type you will never achieve, even with all new parts, the braking you will get with a Turner Conversion. Vendors - For Studebakers

The link is a list of Vendors that sell The conversion but if you scroll down and find Dave Thibault 978 897 3178 he sells rebuilt original style parts also.

Also Bob's Studebaker Resource and Information Portal is an invaluable source of info.

ErnieR