Where to Buy Front Wheel Bearings for 1930 Franklin

Bill Jewell

Bill,

If you own a Franklin you need an owners manual and a parts book, both of which are available from the club. Also the parts book is available on the Franklin club website for free. Without these items your driving down an interstate highway with a blindfold on! The Franklin uses Timken bearings and the parts book has all the numbers you need. Timken bearings can be purchased from any bearing supplier and many parts stores. If the parts store doesn't carry Timken they should have a cross referrence to the brand bearings they sell. Hope this helps.

Bill

See Apr 17,2005 posting on Club website Tech >>> http://www.franklincar.org/FAQ/faq8.htm I got mine at a local industrial bearing/seal supply Co. Numbers were Timken 1779, 1729, 2581, 2523 and seals: CR18159--you should double check the numbers; BUT after checking my existing they were all good except the seals, so be sure you definitely need them.

Edited by Franklin31 (see edit history)

My 1930 Timken Tapered Roller Bearings catalog lists the following numbers for 1930 Franklin Models 145-147

Front Wheel

Inner: Cone - 2581

Cup - 2523

Outer: Cone - 1779

Cup - 1729

Rear Wheel

Inner: Cone - 347

Cup - 332

Outer: Cone - 347

Cup - 332