Dashpad for 1965 riviera

Guest hahnster

There is no such animal. The best you can do is to find a really good OEM one; next best, and VERY expensive is to have Just Dashes recover it for you, the most used choice is to make sure the one you have has a good base, then have it recovered by an upholstery shop.

Rear shelves are sold by a couple of vendor who advertise in the ROA's Riview. Do not buy the one OPGI says will work. Search for other threads on that touchy subject.

Ed

Guest atomickneedrop

I bought one recently from Lee Sulis. One of the guys in the back of the Review. It fits pretty well and he is a gas to talk to. Here is what it looks like in the back with the window removed. I had to do a bit of grinding but the fit is ok. I like that he reinforces it with extra fiberglass for speakers.

Hope this helps

kraig

post-77345-143142165943_thumb.jpg

Edited by atomickneedrop (see edit history)

Hahnster, keep looking at U-pull-its, etc. I got lucky and found a '64 in one that I got a perfect dash pad along with a ton of small parts and perfect front buckets.

If you do have a decent pad the upholstery shop is a good option just don't make it too padded.

Mike

Nice testimonial Kraig. That looks like it is a good start on a rear tray - I need one myself so I'll be looking him up.

I have seen these types of covers installed before and have actually fit one on an "80 El Camino SS I used to have. It was not bad, actually pretty good. Not really noticeable unless you look for the tell-tale edges in some of the places. From a distance it was hard to tell. Most of these types of covers only cover the upper part of the dash and look kind of funky. But because the Riviera dash only has an upper part, this might be a good item. Who's going to be the guinea pig?

Here's the funny part. OPGI has marked it down from 186.95 to 169.99 a saving of a whopping $16.96 plus oversized shipping. You can buy it direct from the manufacturer for 159.95 plus shipping. An added benefit for purchasing from the manufacturer is a color selection for an upcharge of $20.

Dashboard Covers, Arm Rests, Door Panels & Highliner Headliners

Poor ol' OPGI, they can't get a kind word from me no matter what they try. Don't they think that we won't look for the manufacturer and buy it direct rather than through them especially if they're charging more? Someone must think that we owe him a bonus just for letting us share the earth with him. DUH

Ed

OK Riviera People: OPGI has one of the prettiest catalogs in the business. Their products? Very bad. As far as the dash piece, I, who goes all over the place trolling for parts and I who also has an Eagle Eye for spotting parts, managed to pick up a cherry 66-67 full size Buick dash pad for cheep. The chanses of finding a Riviera dash pad in good shape in a pick your nose wrecker....or any wrecking yard is virtually non existent. Luck? Some people have it in Las Vegas.

I am having my upholstery shop make me a cover in a matching color to hide the 50 years of sun damage. Because I'm patient I will wait for the right one to show up. I'm 61. How long am I gonna live? Mitch

How much without shipping? It would probably have to go oversized but considering the weight, that shouldn't be too much. I've shipped items similar to this by just wrapping them in bubble wrap, no need to worry about finding a box.

Thanks,

Ed

I checked an old thread from this sight to come up with a price and found they charge $700 to recover these dashpads and found one on Evilbay for $650 now and one recently for $600 and it had issues.I took pictures the other night(as posted) and did not try to clean them up yet.Is $600 a reasonable price????? not including shipping-and do you think it would be fine to ship it if packaged RIGHT???

I have 3 -1965 Riv. black dash pads (NO CRACKS)in GREAT SHAPE- I would be willing to sell but concerned about shipping.Will probally be attending Bowling Green,Kentucky(Beech Bend) comming up.I am in Flint, Mi. for possible pick up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]211534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]211535[/ATTACH]

I would be interested in one of these. I have a 63 but want front speaker.

I recently purchased the fiberglass rear package tray from Clark's Corvair parts and was very pleased with the fit. It does not come with the mounting holes but that is pretty easy to do. They will cover it with vinyl to match the color of your interior and it also has the jute padding glued to the bottom side. The hardest part for me was to cut the opening for the rear window defogger. When I started the install I noticed the three screw holes below the rear glass were not at the same height from the factory so I marked the package tray with masking tape and drilled new mounting holes.