New lincoln Owner

Guest Joosten

Guest Joosten

Hello,

i'm Bart from the netherlands,33 years old,hobby's are cars , especialy the old ones.

we have a lincoln continental coupé 1942 in restoration,or actually my father,and i help him.

Via this way i try to get. Some information and maybe get some spare parts.

sorry for my deficient english.

Here are some pictures :

01f9b2c9-b07a-4c91-bd48-a7deafc1f1f0_zps7d4803dc.jpg

4e479100-f1ac-42a5-b9d0-fd2ffb730426_zps3a301311.jpg

image.jpg

I also looking for :

Original hood ornament

Sigarette lichter on the dasch(front)incl the chrome buttons beneath the sigarette lighter

Oilbath airbox for the engine complete incl.the tube

carburator for the v12 engine.

For a 1942 lincoln continental coupé

greetings bart

Edited by Joosten (see edit history)

Very Nice car Bart! The fancy hood ornament is rare and expensive, but someone in this group will help you..

Take better pictures of holes for missing or wrong parts so we can help you better..

you should join the lincoln club see the websight lzoc.org very nice club with people that love these cars.

42 is very special rare car with lots of parts only fit 42..it is worth trying to keep all proper and original..

Do you have a v-12 in it??

Guest Joosten

Hello bwatoe !

It is a verry Nice Car , almost no rust , almost complete , it has the original v12 engine , but the carburetor of a 8 cilinder,stil its running good.

The gear box had a revision , also the complete brake system is new,and the inflammation

we are going to radiate the underside because there is a little of fly rust,and maybe we put new sills on it,That part is on the front not best and there where made holes in it for that the water can go away.

also the rand of the window behind is not good,we must welding it.

but it is a verry good hard Car ,and drives .

we also have a new cable / harnas for the complete Car.

the accessories of the Car are almost complete,i think thats verry rare,and the chrome is good also.

the chairs are perfect also the roof and doorpanels ,the bank rear is not perfect,bud there comes new leather.

we have Many documents of the Car,also the original paper of the order at the factury,what tyres ,color ect.

but yes we have the wrong ornament,we have one with v form.

and a few things more,we try to make him 100% original , it's a green color Car.

i wil take some better pictures when we need some things.

but there is enough work.

i have a question , i have seen Many Lincolns with gold daschboard / radio / trim on the inside , this Car is everything silver, does anyone knows why ?

sorry for the bad writing , i need Google translate a lot !

Already thanks !!

Guest 65Starfire

Beautiful Car and I am sure it will be a stunner when done.

Please never worry about your English - you sure don't want us trying to speak Dutch! When I was in Paris all the French would frown when I tried to speak French!

Good Luck!

Hi I'm Lee Waldren in Fort Myers, Fl. I am working on a 42 Continental Just received my dash replated in brass for only $1200 The chrome dash and the bumpers were probably installed in 46 when the new 46 model came out. They sold the bumpers and the hood emblem and updated the Lincoln to 46. I looked for 2 years for 42 bumpers and finallly had my original bumpers replated and they came out perfect. I'll send you photos of the 42 bumpers. They are a lot plainer. You have the original grill which a lot of people changed to the pot metal 46-48.

The Connie looks good. Mine had a V-8 in it but I'm replacing it with a V-12. I have 2 extra air cleaner tubes but no tank part. By the way the carburator is the same v-8 and V-12. Alot of V-8 parts interchange. Keep in touch. I bought and sold Lincoln Continentals in 1960 to 1980 and have a lot of information and some parts. The dash parts you need are 42 to 48 Continental dash ash tray and cigar lighter. They are the same on Continentals. I'm looking to see if I have any in storage.

Lee Waldren

smiley303us@yahoo.com

Guest Joosten

Ok, so the bumpers are not original for a 42 model , thats pity.

and is the dasch the Same as a 46 model ,only in the wrong color (chrome) ?

it is Great to get so much information and help from all of you !!

my e-mail adres is bart.bianca@hotmail.com if you like to send some pictures.

I would not worry about the bumpers most people don't know the differance. The dash is the same only chrome instead of gold color. The 46 is the same car with a little updating. Sheet metal all same. Does yours have vacuum windows? They are a real pain. I'm changing mine to manual.

I had the last one built before wwII It was built January 26,1942 The one I know have was built December 14, 1941. When was yours built? I'm starting a little list. Ford says they built 200 Continental coupes..

I haven't figured out how to send pictures. I'm 73 and this pc drives me crazy. It sure is a lot easier finding parts over back in the 60"s

Lee Waldren

Guest Joosten

Hi Lee !

i am not at home now,but i must look in the papers when he was build , i think it whas number 22 it whas build in 1941

i think february but i must look this Evening if i want to know for Sure.

the lincoln has indeed vacuüm Windows , the last Owner sait he also want to make it electric,but we want to make it work with the vacuüm cilinder's

i only don't know yet how the system works , i think with vacuüm from the intake manifold ?

i also are no Hero with computers , it took me 3-4 hours to put some pictures on this page yesterday ;)

but when i e-mail it ,it's not so difficult with the i-pad.

maybe someone here (who can write englisch better)can explain how to do it ;)

thanks for the reply , and we'll keep in contact !

Guest Joosten
Mine was built 1/14/42....127 & 9 more cabriolets built after mine. Having the build sheet is pretty cool.

So you have the build sheet to ?

there is a number on it ,is That the number of ...That was build ?

I am also curious how Many there are in Europa .

I look for it this Evening or tomorrow .

greetings

Guest Joosten
I would not worry about the bumpers most people don't know the differance. The dash is the same only chrome instead of gold color. The 46 is the same car with a little updating. Sheet metal all same. Does yours have vacuum windows? They are a real pain. I'm changing mine to manual.

I had the last one built before wwII It was built January 26,1942 The one I know have was built December 14, 1941. When was yours built? I'm starting a little list. Ford says they built 200 Continental coupes..

I haven't figured out how to send pictures. I'm 73 and this pc drives me crazy. It sure is a lot easier finding parts over back in the 60"s

Lee Waldren

Hello Lee,

mine what's build 3 oktober 1941

i think it was number 21 (body nr.)

null_zps3e19d11c.jpg

Guest 65Starfire

The pictures are great! This is a fine place for them. I am sure someone will have the parts and it is a lot easier when there is a photo to look at!

The pictures will make up for language barrier, we want to help.....and the is a real nice network of Lincoln guys

withparts...Most of us are keeping true to original specs....parts are plentiful, but many owners don't use this Internet,

old school fellas that only talk on phone or write....I would talk to Colin in the UK...he is well known and ppopular in USA club...he has connections to help you find stuff....some rare parts like air cleaner are pricey, important key item due to its size and location. You also need some brackets and little parts with it...it is an important detail. Item and main focal point of engine bay. Engine needs ford grey/green paint , gloss black accessories Many Junkers have wrong device...Hood ornament is an also must...just keep looking....I find items

on eBay. Good deals from non Lincoln people..but you have to recognize its appearance. Lets see vacuum. Door pparts I have never seen...Your pictures are awesome...and they will encourage. Folks to trust your intentions. And be more likely to sell to you!

Cheers from Norhtwest oHIo, a stones throw from the Ford Lincoln origins....

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

Guest Joosten
Very Nice car Bart! The fancy hood ornament is rare and expensive, but someone in this group will help you..

Take better pictures of holes for missing or wrong parts so we can help you better..

you should join the lincoln club see the websight lzoc.org very nice club with people that love these cars.

42 is very special rare car with lots of parts only fit 42..it is worth trying to keep all proper and original..

Do you have a v-12 in it??

So , i filled in the form to join the Lincoln club, but can I e-mail it ? I can't find the e-mail address .

thank you !