Junk Mail in my PM Box???

Dandy Dave

Anyone else getting this??? I bet they cannot supply me with anything 1915 Buick.

[h=2]Private Invitation to the USAP Insiders Program[/h]

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hi Dandy Dave, Just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm Phoebe at US Auto Parts, an online retailer of aftermarket auto parts and accessories. We're starting the USAP Insiders program to connect our brand with you, core enthusiasts that embrace our company's mantra of "
being the repair advocate for all vehicle owners, increasing their confidence in the repair process, and providing the most affordable option for their repair needs
". Pioneer members of the program will receive personal invites to review products from partners like K&N and Flowmaster, access to Insider only discounts, and preferred rewards status/commission tiers on our flagship websites. I'd love to share more details about the program. Do you have 15 minutes to catch up over the next week or so? I look forward to hearing from you. Best, Phoebe --- Phoebe Trilles | USAP Insiders

U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. 16941 Keegan Avenue Carson, CA 90746

google_ad_section_end -->

Matt Hinson,

I got the same PM:

Private Invitation to the USAP Insiders Program

phoebe_t - AACA Forums to you

This is a message from phoebe_t at AACA Forums ( http://forums.aaca.org/ ). The

AACA Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the

email.

To email phoebe_t, you can use this online form:

http://forums.aaca.org/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=95637

OR, by email:

mailto:ptrilles@usautoparts.com

This is the message:

Hi Marty,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm Phoebe at US Auto Parts, an online

retailer of aftermarket auto parts and accessories.

We're starting the USAP Insiders program to connect our brand with you, core

enthusiasts that embrace our company's mantra of "being the repair advocate for

all vehicle owners, increasing their confidence in the repair process, and

providing the most affordable option for their repair needs".

Pioneer members of the program will receive personal invites to review products

from partners like K&N and Flowmaster, access to Insider only discounts, and

preferred rewards status/commission tiers on our flagship websites.

I'd love to share more details about the program. Do you have 15 minutes to

catch up over the next week or so? I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Phoebe

---

Phoebe Trilles | USAP Insiders

U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc.

16941 Keegan Avenue Carson, CA 90746

Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts & Accessories, Truck Parts, Discount Auto Body Parts Online

JC Whitney Auto Parts & Auto Accessories - Car, Truck, Jeep, Motorcycle, VW, RV & ATV - Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

I banned forum user phoebe_t yesterday, so you should not get any more from that user. Please give me the user names if any other similar problems occur and I will ban any others as well.

This will sadly become more common in the future. With pop-up blockers and ad blockers being common on web browsers, companies are hiring marketing organizations (such as USAP Insiders, as is the case here) to try to "infiltrate" message boards and "speak the language" of the people there. In short, they're going to try to talk to us and act like they're one of us, then set us up for the sales pitch later. I've been getting messages like this for years on other message boards, and it seems they've finally discovered the AACA. Fortunately, we're not really mainstream and most of the marketing companies know it, so they don't waste their time, but I'm guessing "Phoebe" doesn't really understand the difference between a 1930 Ford and a 1990 Ford.

Thanks to our moderators who do a better job than almost anyone at keeping the junk out of here. It's always a pleasure to be here compared to almost any other board on the 'Net.

Perhaps the Moderators of our FORUM could write an official letter to the companies identified in the Phoebe_t post. They are:

---

Phoebe Trilles | USAP Insiders

U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc.

16941 Keegan Avenue Carson, CA 90746

Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts & Accessories, Truck Parts, Discount Auto Body Parts Online

JC Whitney Auto Parts & Auto Accessories - Car, Truck, Jeep, Motorcycle, VW, RV & ATV - Aftermarket Parts & Accessories