Sign in to follow this  
edinmass

Redding Ct AACA & HCCA Meet Date 2013?

Is there a meet for 2013? I can't find a date listed anywhere. Thanks, Ed

I'll ask around Ed, but I think one of the FINEST Shows on the East Coast is dead. Don't know if you ever attended when it was at Veterans Park Field here in Ridgefield in the Golden years. Sure set the wheels in motion for a ten year old in 1961. So many great people, so mant fantastic PRE WWIII cars. Bob

I likewise have heard nothing of the Redding show for 2013 and would be sorely disappointed if it were kaput, I enjoyed many years at that show and at the predecessor events in Richfield and Danbury. I'll shoot an email off to Byron York asking about it, if he comes back with any information I'll post it.

Every time I see a Soccer ball or mention of that foreign sport I know it killed the Ridgefield Meet. Town spent a fortune redoing the field and banned all but lawnmowers from driving on it. Never set foot on it since 1994, but have paid taxes every year after that. Bob

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

Update: Apparently the Redding CT show is now just a club event and not open to the general public without an invitation. Here's the response to my question to Byron York about it: The Old Ridgefield/ Redding show is now held at Richard Kings home in Redding,CT. It is a club function open to members and their guests.

Odd turn of events when a couple years ago they expanded it to include cars up to 1959??!

Bummer, even though we would still be "outsiders" for this one we had it on the calendar for this weekend. :(

I'm very sorry to see it go. Thanks for all the info. It was my favorite small meet. Ed

The town of Ridgefield just repaved Market Street, I drove down it to the spot were we used to turn into Veterans Park field yesterday. I have so many memories of that meet, glad I took a lot of photos starting in 1961. I trhink the hobby was a lot better and more fun back then. Gone, but never forgotten. Bob