Looking for a good mechanic and replacement stickshift

Hey Guys

This is my first time on here. I accidentally stumbled across a Chrysler TC a few weeks ago and it was the best accident I have had in my life – I just knew I wanted a convertible, had a look at some obvious choices like Audi A4 etc not impressed with anything under $10k so I popped 'convertible' and nothing else into Autotrader saw one, and it was love at first sight! I'm English and new to the US so didn't know anything about Chrysler either!

I've had a bit of work done and was not impressed at all with the mechanic so I am looking for one that cares in the Hollywood area. I am also looking for a replacement button on the top of the stick shift. Mine was loose and worn so the mechanic stuck it back on with glue so strong it has eaten away the plastic :( I need a replacement button and rod that the button fits into which is about 10' long. I guess it goes down to the transmission.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance

Dave Garnish

Hi, Dave, welcome to the thread. You will find a lot of help here if you post questions about your car. They are a great little car and we enjoy them. You should do a little research and find out about exactly what you have, it has a great history. Also, welcome to North America, I just spent three weeks on a cruise through the British Isles, had a great time. I guess you have found things a lot cheaper over here on this side of the pond, I know I was shocked at the prices in GB. Try contacting Larry Carlson at tcparts.com for you shifter button, he should be able to help you. Again, welcome and good luck. Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply and parts tip. I think a lot of things are cheaper here but not groceries! :)

Dave

Hi, Dave, welcome to the thread. You will find a lot of help here if you post questions about your car. They are a great little car and we enjoy them. You should do a little research and find out about exactly what you have, it has a great history. Also, welcome to North America, I just spent three weeks on a cruise through the British Isles, had a great time. I guess you have found things a lot cheaper over here on this side of the pond, I know I was shocked at the prices in GB. Try contacting Larry Carlson at tcparts.com for you shifter button, he should be able to help you. Again, welcome and good luck. Bob

Dave, Your location has brought you good luck;), I've been organzing the meets for the California Shelby Dodge Auto Club for over 20 years. We have been meeting same time, same place at Applebees 1238 W Imperial Highway, La Habra CA the first thursday of the month from 8pm(sometimes starts a little later depending) til midnight or later. There are at least 4-5 TC owners in this group as they share many of the componants. Heck, we've even had 5-6 TC's there at some meets. Next meet is just 3.5 days away, come on out and network with some folks who are passionate about TC's and various other Chrysler FWD variants

Alan

:cool:

Nice! Can you add me to your mailing list please? Thanks!

Hi Dave, and welcome to these shores. I showed up here myself, from Denmark, 64 years ago. It was quite different back then. If you ever have seen "Happy Days" or any of the similar Sitcoms, it was actually that way once upon a time but the younger guys who weren't here then just don't believe it!

If I can be of any help, my contact information is below.