Sign in to follow this  
27chevtruck

Fisher Body

iv been having trouble finding body panels for my 1927 Chevy coupe and was wondering if there is a major difference between the ford coupes from 1927 and the 27 Chevys. Both r made by the same company I believe.

iv been having trouble finding body panels for my 1927 Chevy coupe and was wondering if there is a major difference between the ford coupes from 1927 and the 27 Chevys. Both r made by the same company I believe.

You will find a closer match to your body parts with a Chrysler since some of the early ones had Fisher bodies. I don't think Fisher made any Ford parts....ever.

Keiser31, you are mistaken. Fisher Bodies did appear on the Model T. My 1920 Centerdoor is a Fisher Body. The Centerdoor Bodies where built by Fisher and Wadsworth I believe. There are slight differences between them. It is very possible that Fisher also built Coupe bodies, but I do not know for sure. I believe that by the 1927 time period, Fisher was not longer making bodies for the Model T, but I do not know for sure.

Happy Motoring!

!926/27 Fords used the bodies. Fisher did supply some Ford bodies, but I am not sure when the cut-off was. See coachbuilt.com, 1926 seems to be the start of GM's exclusive use of Fisher bodies.

I like your post, I had no idea that Fisher was a supplier to so many manufacturers.

I doubt there's anything the 1927 Ford and Chevy coupes have in common other than maybe a few screws and bolts.

After owning both a 1927 Chevrolet coupe and a 1928 Chrysler "52" landau with a Fisher body I have been amazed at the cars I've seen that appear to have Fisher bodies. Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Oakland, of course; but I also recall a Falcon-Knight that was very similar to my Chrysler. Willys-Knight and Whippet closed cars look to be Fisher bodies to me. Does anyone know if they are?

I'm not sure about this, but I believe with Chevrolet at that time only the closed cars had Fisher bodies. The roadsters and touring cars did not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Don

Well, I'll be.......I never thought old Henry would have used Fisher bodies. Thanks for the lesson. I have filed it in my "stranger than fiction" file.

Some of the earlier Ford open bodies used GM, but I could not find anything on the closed cars, ('26/'27 coupes). In '27 GM was the exclusive user of Fisher bodies.

The pictures of Ford and Chevy coupes in '26 look quite different to me. Good luck in your search.