Sign in to follow this  
Guest BJM

1941 Buick Sedanette $1400 Missouri

Why are we not all yapping about this car, a very desirable "sadnet"? Looks pretty complete, right down to at least one wheel trim ring and hub cap. Sure, it's been in a barn for a long time but I thought that makes cars irresistible. Jeepers, that dumb sun visor alone should be worth 5% of the asking price. I'm not in buying mode but $1400 seems pretty cheap for a 70 year-old Buick sloper that might be all there.

Not too much squinting required to see how this could end up...

post-59990-143142174892_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143142174895_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143142174897_thumb.jpg

post-59990-143142174898_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob McDonald
added motivation (see edit history)

Rob- I love how you put this- current pictures to what it could be- I love it. If I were closer and single, this would be in my garage/yard and put on the to do list, what a steal! Hope no street rodder gets it. Nothing against them, but this should be back to orig. I bet if someone shows up with a grand, they walk away with it!

Guest BJM

And we don't even know if it's a Century or a Special SSE. I am pretty sure that $1000 would buy it.

The hood release lever says, SPECIAL. I would think if it were a CENTURY, it would have (2) carbs, MAYBE..., maybe not. I think it's a special.

Dale in Indy

Guest BJM

Dale I can barely see anymore so you must have good eyes. Chances were better that it is a Special. Not very many 41 Century Sedanettes were made. The 41 Special Sedanettes came with or without dual carbs on their 248's. The dual carb cars wore Special SSE nomenclature. I can't tell if that is a 2 x 2 set up on there or not.

Guest BJM

You with the good eyes, there you go again. Still a nice car even as a base 248 Special Sedanette. I know where there is a 4 door 1941 Special Sedanette near me for about a $1000, or less, like Thrillers. Only not as nice but a doable project. It would be fun to restore a 2 door next to a 4 door version, one two punch, be done in 3-4 years then enjoy the heck out of them for 20+ years.

Guest BJM

Rob I like the 41 4 door fastbacks too. Whereas the 2 door fastbacks are definitely sportier, sleeker - the four doors, as your photo shows are massive in appearance. The 41 Super and Roadmaster 4 door sedans have a 3 box shape that is pretty conventional. The Special 4 door fastbacks put metal on all corners from the cowl back. Fat fendered.

I think there's a lot more late '30s in the look of the 4-door, whereas the 2-door predicts the postwar period.

Here's another '41 Jetback that could use paint and a fresh interior - http://forums.aaca.org/f117/very-original-well-maintained-1941-special-355465.html. Asking price is 12 times the barn find and yet, when you really get into it, there may be not much difference in the work required to build a high-point car from either starting point. The big difference is in first impressions and the ability to turn the key and enjoy the shiny one.

Guest BJM

Donald, not that I know of but I did get a few PM's from folks that appeared they were going to look into it. Don, I see you only have 19 posts. So, for informational purposes only, I can safely say that a few of us regularly post craigs list "finds" for interest and possible purchase. Craigs List ads are usually real since the sellers want to move the car. I don't bother posting ones which I feel are not a value and there are a lot of those cars. You know, seller sees a Barrett Jackson episode on speed channel and feels his car must be worth close to the one he just saw sell for $1,000,000. I'll call on this one and see what is up.

Guest BJM

Now gone, posting expired. Before John S in Penn gets on me, I have had a lot of issues with cut/paste of information since the Windows of whatever was updated.