Air Horn

Guest Bob Barrow

Guest Bob Barrow

Does anybody know where to lubricate the Fiamm air horn. I understand a little bit of oil will help the horn. I have looked at it & there is a slotted screw on top of horn. Any help? Thanks Bob

Guest My TC Toy

Bob, I cleaned mine a couple of years ago without a lot of success. The truth is that the brushes in the air chamber have been working for about 20 years and are pretty well worm out. You can dismantle and clean but if you do not reassemble exactly as you disassembled it will never pump air again. Adding oil may be a short term solution, but as soon as the dust inside attaches with the oil it will clump up and the pump will not seal air. Your simplest solution is get a fiamm, or whatever brand you choose, air pump and attach to your horns. I personally went with a whole new system as one of my horns were bad as well. I mounted the new horns sideways directly below the hood latch panel, lots of room and out of sight. Good luck.

Guest Bob Barrow

Thanks for the reply. Can you add oil to the Fiamm compressor? Does it go into the little brass slot head screw on top of compressor? Thanks, Bob

Here is a picture of the Fiamm horn on your car. There is a hole in the side just above the second "M" and below the air line where you need to put the oil. Use 3-in-1 and because of the location on the car you need a long neck with a flex line is best. Tte sound will not improve immediately but needs a little time (15 minutes) to sink in, you might even have to do it a second time the following day.post-89473-143142156362_thumb.jpg