Lincoln-Zephyrs at Pebble Beach

CBoz

These are some pictures Ed Spagnolo passed on to me. Evidently, he had done some work on the '40 convertible. Great to see Zephyrs at Pebble Beach. Just goes to show folks (not us; we already knew) that you don't have to pay millions for a car that looks like a million.

post-31207-143142149205_thumb.jpg

post-31207-143142149194_thumb.jpg

post-31207-1431421492_thumb.jpg

At a somewhat less prestigious show ;), "Rita" and I were at Classics at the Capital in Raleigh this past weekend, positioned near the entrace. It was amazing how many folks had not even heard of Zephyrs before. The more we get 'em out there, the more people who will know.

post-31207-143142149289_thumb.jpg

I love it, a humble Lincoln Zephyr at Pebble Beach??? Put down your Pabst and grab some single malt, we have made the big time!!! I gotta think the snobs in some other circles that will not alow a lowly L-Z to enter even the parking lots of their gatherings were aghast! I have to think that a club that accepts an enormous bloated postwar caddy with dated styling would have to second guess their criteria when glancing at the sight of those Lincoln's..that are just not special enough to qualify, mass produced in the hundreds! How tacky!

• 3 weeks later...

Four sweet cars!! In 3rd photo it looks like this 40 Convert has the outside mirror (on drivers side only) mounted with glass up above the SS trim line. Some swoop down below trim line and some we see are mounted above! Maybe difference is factory vs dealer add vs after-market?