Nice 1932 DL6 for sale...

keiser31

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KyleMiller

It's mine. I'd like it to find a home that keeps it in original form, but once you sell something, you no longer have a say in it's future....

We all know 32 anything is a low production year for all car manufacturers. This is a very solid restoration candidate or to keep as a daily driver as has been said already. I noticed it on CL a while back, you should have better luck on eBay but I would recommend you lower the starting bid to around $2500 just to get some more interest in it but keep your reserve the same, you never know, it may top your reserve if you get a couple guys who are really interested in it.

I truly think anyone who is able to purchase this car in these challenging economical times will keep it original simply because it's a very complete 4 door. If it was a Coupe, Roadster or 2 Door it's future would be bleak. But, as they say, anything is possible.

Guest KyleMiller
I noticed it on CL a while back, you should have better luck on eBay but I would recommend you lower the starting bid to around $2500 just to get some more interest in it but keep your reserve the same, you never know, it may top your reserve if you get a couple guys who are really interested in it.

I hear you there. It's always a game. I've seen the game played different ways with different results. I think your right, my father even told me when I listed it, that I always tell him to start low and let it build interest. I'm not sure why I started it high, only that I paid more for it than my starting bid and I put $2000 in it after that. Also, I'm not sold on selling it.... I do love it, but should I let it and my '76 Bronco sit in storage 3500 miles away for 3-6 years?..... Tough decision. I thought I'd relist it before and after Hershey. My thinking is, maybe Hershey will spark some more interest for the prewar cars.

I hear you there. It's always a game. I've seen the game played different ways with different results. I think your right, my father even told me when I listed it, that I always tell him to start low and let it build interest. I'm not sure why I started it high, only that I paid more for it than my starting bid and I put $2000 in it after that. Also, I'm not sold on selling it.... I do love it, but should I let it and my '76 Bronco sit in storage 3500 miles away for 3-6 years?..... Tough decision. I thought I'd relist it before and after Hershey. My thinking is, maybe Hershey will spark some more interest for the prewar cars.

I cant tell you how many cars Ive let go because they were a pain to store whilst I had other things going on, alot of regrets. Chances are you may not have the opportunity again to own a 32.

Guest KyleMiller
Nice car, wish I had time and room for a four door. What is the plumbing that comes out of the exhaust manifold above the fuel pump? My DL6 does not have that. It's soo great to see any original 32.

I think what your referring to, is the switch mechanism to the "FreeWheel" drive option. I assumed they all had it....

That is a tough decision. Hmmm..

Ok, I say keep the 4 door in storage for when your ready to enjoy it and sell the Ford now. There, it's settled !

You'll thank me later.;)

Seriously though, fall and spring seem to be the best times of year from my own personal experience. Especially around tax return time. Summer is vacation time for most, winter is to cold to travel for most, fall is good timing but school is starting not to mention the holidays are coming but spring is when the audience is wider.

Really do hope to see you keep it though, that is a beautiful car.

Vacuum assisted clutch, for 10$! I'll take take one! That's so interesting. These car's (32's)are so truly unique by themselves without their 80 year history it makes the term custom mean nothing. Absolutely awesome so blessed to own one. Would you mind talking my wife into buying the 4-door :)

• 1 month later...