Help with ID

Guest Zeiterion

Guest Zeiterion

Hi all. Newbie here. I was hiking along a river in remote northern New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago and stumbled across this car. It must have been swept down the river during a storm many years ago. I think it's a 1940s Chevy, but I can't identify it any more precisely. I'm hoping the experts on this forum can tell me a little bit more about it. Thanks.

--Ron

post-95763-143142148525_thumb.jpg

post-95763-143142148528_thumb.jpg

Hi all. Newbie here. I was hiking along a river in remote northern New Hampshire a couple of weeks ago and stumbled across this car. It must have been swept down the river during a storm many years ago. I think it's a 1940s Chevy, but I can't identify it any more precisely. I'm hoping the experts on this forum can tell me a little bit more about it. Thanks.

--Ron

1937 Dodge Brothers. There is a guy on this forum in the Dodge and Dodge Brothers section who needs the trim from that grille. This example is missing the headlamp bucket trim.

post-37352-14314214856_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Zeiterion
1937 Dodge Brothers. There is a guy on this forum in the Dodge and Dodge Brothers section who needs the trim from that grille. This example is missing the headlamp bucket trim.

Wow. Thanks, Keiser31. I was way off. I'll be happy to give the Dodge guy looking for the grille the location, but I'm not sure if it would do much good. It's only accessible by a 5 - 6 hour paddle by canoe or kayak and the car is on conservation land.

--Ron