Hood Insulation Glue

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dcdpgh

I used 3M spray adhesive when I redid the hood insulation on my '68. That was about 6 or 7 years ago, and it's still holding like the day I installed it.

For what it's worth, mine stuck in there and are holding without any glue. I got mine through OPGI (let the trash talk begin). I ordered them from there because they were significantly cheaper and frankly I wasn't too concerned about the details regarding the insulation. Anyway, the OPGI guy told me they didn't need glue...I was skeptical. I stuck them in. They've been there ever since. You might try it without before you get busy huffing 3M spray adhesive. PRL

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi Pete,

I will give this a try, as they do look like they insert sufficiently that glue isn't needed. No need to make a mess if it isn't necessary. :)

Thanks

Fo I got mine through OPGI.

PRL

Pete, I looked at the OPGI site and found only a universal pad that you had to cut yourself. Is there something else that I couldn't find?

I'm curious as to what you paid for it?

Classic Buicks has a pre-cut kit for our cars for $27.00 and a universal sheet 48" x 65" for $39. Buick Hood Insulation Fiberglass Pads classic buicks Parts hoods pad rubber weatherstrip weatherstripping weather strip strips vintage buick part antique buicks Classic Buick parts, high quality and exceptional value!

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Ed-I got it in a pre-cut 3 piece kit. I had a sale coupon...complete luck...I think it was $38 plus shipping which was around $5. Thought I was getting a deal. It does not have an AC cutout. They didn't even know what that was all about. Turns out I didn't have any clearance issues. OPGI is like the naughty girl you call sometimes but don't really tell anybody about it. Keep your expectations low and sometimes they are met. Other times, it works out. This time, when I open the hood....it looks good. PRL