Convertible top weather stripping

Jim

There has been a lot of discussion over the years about the need of the side weather stripping for the convertibles.

Over the years on several occasions both Barney and I have talked to weather stripping supplier and none of them have wanted to take on the reproduction because of the high initial cost of tooling and the relatively low demand.

As most folks know Kingsley Baker has some very high quality reproduction parts and for a year or two Kingsley has thought about taking on this item but needed some weather stripping to use as patterns.

I have a good complete set of the weather stripping and I would be willing to send them to Kingsley so he can hopefully get these remade and then they should be available at a quite reasonable price.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Kingsley is having troubles with his computer but can receive calls and emails. I have been emailing Kingsley and he does want to get the weather strips from me so he can pursue getting them remanufactured. I will be sending him a complete set and hopefully he will be successful.

Guest Mc_Reatta
Kingsley is having troubles with his computer but can receive calls and emails. I have been emailing Kingsley and he does want to get the weather strips from me so he can pursue getting them remanufactured. I will be sending him a complete set and hopefully he will be successful.

Thank you gentlemen for teaming up to take care of this need.

You're efforts will not go unrewarded. I have it on good authority that there will be a low mileage 91 polo green vert for each of you on the other side of the pearly gates so you can cruise around heaven in style :rolleyes:

You're efforts will not go unrewarded. I have it on good authority that there will be a low mileage 91 polo green vert for each of you on the other side of the pearly gates so you can cruise around heaven in style :rolleyes:

I like that and got a good laugh. Hope you are right.

Jim

I agree with that, and that still means there is one '91 Polo Green 'vert here!

Guest Mc_Reatta
McR,

You forgot to tell them about the virgins. Tell them about the virgins!

John F.

Shush John, we don't want that info to get out or everyone will want to go there.

But I will say those green verts won't have white interiors cause heaven don't root for no Spartans from Michigan State. They will be tan with gold pin stripes to show that heaven roots for the Fighting Irish from Notre Dame!

Guest Kingsley
Shush John, we don't want that info to get out or everyone will want to go there.

But I will say those green verts won't have white interiors cause heaven don't root for no Spartans from Michigan State. They will be tan with gold pin stripes to show that heaven roots for the Fighting Irish from Notre Dame!

This is suddenly getting quite complicated and may queer the whole deal. I am color blind; however, my son in law as well as his two sons, bleed Michigan blue and gold - big time - and my PGC will just to be worked on a bit to be acceptable family-wise.

Just to introduce some additional mirth, I am reminded of Jim Mora, Sr.'s comment when one sportscaster asked him if he thought his Saints would go to the playoffs. He replied to this completely asinine question (they were at the very bottom of the Division) by saying "Playoffs, playoffs? You ask about playoffs?". So guess I just have to say "PG convertibles? PG convertibles? You mention PG convertibles?

Now to get serious. I am looking forward to determining if the replication/reproduction of the weatherstripping is workable/practical or not and appreciate Jim's offer which will make this possible.

Kingsley

Guest Mc_Reatta

Wish you well in this pursuit.

Since your colorblind, when your ESPing your son in his prayers, just tell him that it's blue and gold. When he finally shows up and sees it is PG. Just tell him it looked blue to you. :cool: