1929 CHRYSLER MODEL 75 ROADSTER

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm inundated with responses, please stop....just kidding, have not gotten anything, zip, nothing, but Hershey is coming and I'll be the guy walking around between the sandwich boards harking my quest.

Hello Leo, You must realize there were only maybe 5000 of them made. With so much wood many were rotten and ended up in the great scrap drive of WW2 Not many left, and the fellows who have them aren't ready to let them go just yet. Good luck on your quest. How about a model 72 coupe and parts sedan?

Hey Art, thanks for the candor, all you say is true, however, of the ones that are left "as time goes by" they do become available. Thanks for your offer about the coupe. I have a 1930 Model A Ford coupe and now I want to tackle one of these roadsters. If I keep this thread active maybe something will turn up. Pray for good weather at Hershey. Stay well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, Hershey came and went and I feel kind of like Linus at Halloween waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin to bring him something. I'm waiting for a 1929 Chrysler Model 75 to present itself and like Linus I'm disappointed...............

Leo,

I don't have a model 75 Roadster . You called me and I gave you 3 names to call. I do, however have a model CJ Roadster in the condition you are looking for. Complete but needs a total restoration. I ALSO CAN SUPPLY Missing parts. if any. No its not a75 bit this roadster rumble seater is even more rare and worth considering.

You are the only one I have offered it to but Know Chris will be interested when I offer it to him,

Call me 610-863-6955 0r cell 610-462-3631

pre1939chrysler, thank you for your generous offer. I'm certain that your CJ Roadster is every bit the car you say it is and I'm not prepared to discuss which car either the 1929 model 75 or CJ is the most worthy to have, however, I will say that I'm not looking for a CJ at this time. If you come across a model 75 in the future please contact me again.

• 2 months later...

I had an experience recently. Someone contacted me from Missouri and said they were looking at a 1929 Chrysler Model 75 roadster which was for sale and they wanted me to advise them on it's value. I took the phone number and did some research, then called the person back. No answer, no response. Why would anyone waste someone's time like that? Very strange.

You can look further afield I live in Australia. Melbourne, Victoria There are a number of chrysler 75 roadsters about here not all for sale ,but they do come up every now and then. I can give u a list of some of the owners here if you like.

Hokrod, thank you for your offer, however I'm going to try and stay in the USA if possible. It's expensive to ship a car from overseas and I know very little about the differences between export and domestic models.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Well another year has gone by and I'm still looking for one of these nice automobiles.  I know there is one in Hemmings this month, gorgeous car, I knew the owner, we spoke at Hershey several times, however that car is beyond my budget.  What is in my budget would be a solid #3 car, unrestored or an older restoration.  Please respond if you know of any....

Would a Chrysler 77 roadster be of interest? A friend here in the UK has his for sale. His asking price is £50,000 (approx $67,000).

If interested I can get pics and more info.

Regards

Wayne

• 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, 513Classics said:

I've just bought a 1929 Chrysler. Is this what you're looking for? I'll be picking it up this week. If you're interested give me a call.

Screenshot_2020-08-03-20-28-40_1596560543553.png

That is not a Model 75 roadster. Looks like a Model 66.