89 buick reatta valve cover vent rubber hose

bikemikey

I'm having trouble finding a rubber vent hose to buy on the internet. It is the larger one that comes off the throttle body and then feeds into a metal pipe that goes to the top of the valve cover and then through a grommet. I tried to make one , but the angle is too sharp. Would anyone know where I can get one, or is this a dealer item. It seems like every time I call the dealer everything has been discontinued. If I can't find one , I might have to cut back on the metal pipe and run a longer rubber hose and reroute it, really don't want to do that. Thanks.

Mike,

You could try a Buick or GMC dealership. Another source would be a Mom & Pop type auto parts store as the chains probably don't carry those.

If you still can't find one let me know and I'll check with my local Mom & pop. Their guys (gals) are pretty good at finding obscure parts.

I'd even go so far as to say they are tenacious about finding things. That's what they do.

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)

I found a V shaped hose at the Zone, the only problem is that the diameter is a little larger. I cut about an inch off, it seem to fit okay except I had to tighten the heck out of the clamps to seal the hose. I guess I could leave it while I'm looking for the right one. I think I will call the dealerships Monday and see what they have for hoses, I'll get back to you, thanks.

• 4 months later...

You might try using reinforced fuel line hose for that short piece as the reinforced sidewall would be less inclined to pinch shut. That bend is not that severe.

FYI, that grommet in the valve cover tends to harden over the years from the engine heat. As such it may well break either on removal or reinsertion of that metal tube into the valve cover opening (1st hand experience). I had to remove the valve cover and fish out the broken parts. Found a Toyota PCV grommet at AutoZone was a perfect fit.

Thanks for that info, I'll keep that in mind for the future. I'm still using that hose from Autozone, seems to work, but the next time I'll try that bellows hose. That's good advice on that grommet, I'll probably have to change mine out in the near future, I'm sure it's the original one, possible vacuum leak.

Thanks,

Mike

Ronnie,

The grommet I was discussing is not the one used by the PCV valve. This grommet connects a metal breather tube (located on the forward valve cover) to the lower throttle body. The PCV valve is located aft of the throttle body. The grommets MIGHT be the same but that needs to be verified.

Guest turbofish38

GM Part Number 14001192 for the valve cover grommet cross references to your 42316 number in the pic.

As far as the hose that the OP was looking for the GM PN was 25533607 which is discontinued. Here's my solution to it. Hit the boneyards. That elbow shaped hose is used on every 88-91 LN3 used. Tons of C/E/H-Bodies out there. And I still see a few lower mile examples in the self service yards in my area.