Custom first Gen

Steeleco

I have not really liked custom riv's until I woke up today. Kind of searching for what my family had when I was a kid. So I have one of those now and my interests have turned to wanting to see some photos of custom Rivieras. If anyone has photos to share it will be like eye candy for me. Thanks!

The top was on the car when I bought it in 1978. EVERYBODY points that out. I've left it on all these years because most look for flaws to point out. Its an easy one for them and gets that part out of the way so we can talk about other stuff.;)

The Jaguar is a major project. I'm figuring 8-10 years at an average of $8 to 10 K per year. Already checked out 6.40 15 biased tires- $962 for 5 Cokers at Summit Racing.

Don't show this to children:

post-46237-143142144437_thumb.jpg

Here's the Jag project I sold a couple of years ago and missed ever since. I just don't feel right without a major project in the garage.

IMG_1100.JPG

Bernie

post-46237-143142144432_thumb.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

There is some poetry in using a '59 Caddie grille in a 1st generation Riviera. Its like, we are going to take a piece of the epitome of finned, chromed garishness and just touch this understated sculpture with it. I'm trying to think if it reminds me more of the old Rolex lying on my workbench or when I bought my wife her first pair of shoes.

Bernie

There is some poetry in using a '59 Caddie grille in a 1st generation Riviera. Its like, we are going to take a piece of the epitome of finned, chromed garishness and just touch this understated sculpture with it. I'm trying to think if it reminds me more of the old Rolex lying on my workbench or when I bought my wife her first pair of shoes.

Bernie

Luckily buying shoes for wives is one thing I have so far been able to avoid......