Antique car trunk for sale

Guest KBomar

Guest KBomar

Black and chrome. Cedar interior. Original owner in D.C. Trunk likely for 1928 (estimate) Cadillac or Packard, possibly produced as an after market add on. Location - Northern Virginia.

post-95786-143142140268_thumb.jpg

post-95786-143142140273_thumb.jpg

post-95786-143142140277_thumb.jpg

post-95786-143142140282_thumb.jpg

post-95786-143142140285_thumb.jpg

Guest KBomar
Price? Is there a key with it??

No key. I have no idea what this is worth. Someone suggested $800 but I have no clue what a fair price would be. Hoping to get an idea from responses to my listing. Thank you for your inquiry.

Guest bigdee47

I bought a Packard trunk at a garage sale last year for $100 and I can't give it away to anyone in the NorCal Packard club. It's missing the leather handles, has no key, and one of the two lynch latches is broken, and I've looked in all the usual places for a replacement, unsuccessfully. The blue silk lining is still there with the Packard logo, but the original 3 drawers are gone.

I'm telling you all this to be helpful. Yours looks in better shape, but I think $800 is a bit high.

Good luck.

Guest KBomar

I put no stock in the $800 quote. The person who threw that number out was a blowhard, I thought it was sarcastically amusing, not for real!

I bought one with all three suitcases - a few broken hinges and some scuffs, and a missing leather handle.

Same size as the one on my Packard 733.

Paid $75.00 to another hobbyist who knew what he had.

I bought one with all three suitcases - a few broken hinges and some scuffs, and a missing leather handle.

Same size as the one on my Packard 733.

Paid $75.00 to another hobbyist who knew what he had.

Guest KBomar

It was stored in our family home basement until Dad died in 1995. Has been in my basement or garage ever since. I turned 64 today and am getting rid of 'things.' I have no idea of its' value/worth.

• 2 weeks later...
I talked to a shipping place here in Minnesota and they said they could ship the trunk. Could you send me the diamentions and the weight of the trunk please? Thanks, You can also call my cell 507-458-6329 Dave

I will e out of town until 9/14 and will contact you then.

The trunk is black metal with chrome trim. Drop front, no key to lock. No fabric or anything inside. Just a cedar lining. No boxes or drawers. Leather handles need replacing.

40" wide

19 1/2" front to back

20" high.

• 2 weeks later...