1918 Buick 4-Cylinder transmission removal and clutch linkage

Bob Stein

Is there a trick to removing the tranmission on a 1918 Buick 4? The driveshaft has been disconnected at both ends but will not come out, and the transmission is loose but can't slide back far enough to be removed. Also, the clutch release linkage is broken. Does anyone have a spare link section with pivot they are willing to sell?

Thanks!

Is there a trick to removing the tranmission on a 1918 Buick 4? The driveshaft has been disconnected at both ends but will not come out, and the transmission is loose but can't slide back far enough to be removed. Also, the clutch release linkage is broken. Does anyone have a spare link section with pivot they are willing to sell?

Thanks!

Bob you have to take off the cotter pinned nuts and retainers holding the springs on the studs of the fly wheel. I sold all my teens parts but if you send me a PM I will give you the guys name and number where you can get the broken part you need.

Bob you have to take off the cotter pinned nuts and retainers holding the springs on the studs of the fly wheel. I sold all my teens parts but if you send me a PM I will give you the guys name and number where you can get the broken part you need.

I'm assuming you did disconnect the rear rear end from the springs brake rods etc and have rolled it back to make room for the tranny to come out?