34 Dodge cowl vent drain hose

I am filling in unwanted holes in firewall such as where someone mounted heater and some other not original holes. Someone drilled holes and used tapered punch to make them the size they wanted. I looked at some pictures of others and mine has several they don't have. There was one with drain hose from cowl vent going through it I am patching. Where did the drain originally come out?

• 3 months later...
Guest SarahtheTruck

The cowl vent hose in my '35 KC passed beneath the cowl and down between the panel at the edge of the angled floorboard and exited next to the frame. It shouldn't exit through a hole in the firewall.

Marlo

Don't know about the '34 Dodge but given the fact that in that era Chrysler used common designs across makes and some times years, it is possible that it matches the '33 Plymouth.

On my '33 PD there are two drain hoses one on either side of the cowl vent opening and like SarahtheTruck's '35 KC, they go sideways and then down in the space between the kick panel and the body.

I'm away from my home at present but will try to remember to crawl under the dash and get a photo after I get home.

I am filling in unwanted holes in firewall such as where someone mounted heater and some other not original holes. Someone drilled holes and used tapered punch to make them the size they wanted. I looked at some pictures of others and mine has several they don't have. There was one with drain hose from cowl vent going through it I am patching. Where did the drain originally come out?

I don't see one on my 34, with the seal in place and the vent closed tight why was there a need for a drain??

post-70464-143142298572_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142298577_thumb.jpg

post-70464-143142298582_thumb.jpg

I have answered my own question, fortunately my dash is completely bear, so I struck my head or almost through the instrument cluster hole, when I first read the thread I had thought there must be a tray or something to collect any water that enters the vent, sorry MR T hope I've replied before you got your camera out.

post-72422-143142299859_thumb.jpg

post-72422-143142299839_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Here are a few pics of my car. You can see the drain hole in the cowl body area and under the dash is the drain elbow and a hole in the ashtray support bracket where the drain tube goes.

Where it goes from there I'm not sure.

Steve....is your vent seal cork or rubber and is it a basic rectangle shape seal ?

Cheers

Ian

post-44589-14314229988_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142299883_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143142299885_thumb.jpg

Guest DodgeKCL

You'll know if you have a cowl drain(s) because of the hole(s) in the trough around the vent lip. And yes they can go through the gap at the toe board and cowl mounting member BUT they can also be found going through holes in the firewall.