D-A-N-I-E-L is a GREAT MAN!

Bushwack

Recently had the rear sway bar link bushings installed on both convertibles (provided by Daniel - Reatta Rear Sway Bar Link Bushings | eBay) and they are working great.

FWIW, upon visual inspection of the old bushings still on the cars, you can tell the 'elasticity' (for the lack of a better word) was gone (flatter than a pancake); but the bushings looked OK when removed (no cracking - see picture). The clanging I was hearing on both cars over rough roads was of the links hitting against the gas tank. The new bushings (along with new shocks) solved that problem on car #1. On car #2, shocks were not needed but the bushings did resolve the clanging noise.

Thanks Daniel for providing a solution for bad bushings.

cc-imag0510_thumb.jpg

<http: photos.aaca.org="" files="" 6="" 1="" 7="" aa-imag0510_original.jpg=""></http:>

• Like 1

This post is some good news for me. I also have had a mysterious clunking noise coming from the back of my Reatta. Thought I would try this fix first (ordered a set yesterday) then move on to the Cadillac STS caliper swap next. Figuring the original bushings are 24 years old, they are due for a change anyways. Thanks Daniel!

Not sure how bad sway bar bushings could ever lead to it hitting the gas tank. If you've ever had this piece in your hand, you'd see that the new bushings (which are great I might add) actually go at the end of the bar where it bolts to the strut. Bad bushings will make the sway bar jiggle around on the bolt, but it's impossible for it to hit the gas tank.

Most of the time when Reatta owners complain about "a mysterious rattle" it is the rear brakes. You'll often find while on a rough road, just touching the brakes enough to make them barely touch the rotors will make the sound go away. Though it comes right back once the pedal is released.

Daniel, I said I'd buy a set of these from you when you first asked. Please let me know how I can order these from you, the price and if you still have some left. I don't mind paying a little more to encourage your willingness to do this. You can PM me if you prefer.

Greg

Just bought two pair last night...one pair for the 91 Reatta and one pair for the 92 Riviera...thanks Daniel for coming up with these!

Guest Mc_Reatta
OK then... there's two sets for the one guy and one set for the other guy so that makes three sets sold since Daniels post... so... how many more sets need to be sold for the price drop? :rolleyes:

John F.

As soon as you get your set the the price will drop. :rolleyes:

So hurry up and place your order so the rest of us can get the new price. ;)

Daniel' date=' I said I'd buy a set of these from you when you first asked. Please let me know how I can order these from you, the price and if you still have some left. I don't mind paying a little more to encourage your willingness to do this. You can PM me if you prefer.

Greg[/quote']

Greg,

Sorry for the delay. I still have about 20 sets left from the original 50. I will send you a pm with the info to get a set outside of eBay.

Daniel

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

So it has been a four of five years sense I had these made, I am wondering how they have held up. The set on my car still look great but I have not put many miles on it in that time due to many reasons.

I am down to my last two sets and I am contemplating having an other batch made. The first time I kind of guessed (trying to keep close to stock performance) on the hardness of each piece, so I am sure there may be room for improvement. Also if they are all still intact then there may be close to zero market for them.

Any input will be helpful. 

Daniel,

The set I bought from you are still working great on my blue coupe.  I'd like to order another set for my ragtop.  Please let me know what you want for them and how you want to be paid.

Thank you,

S.:rolleyes:

I have one set aside for someone, and that was the last set I was going to sell. 

I do have one other I was keeping for myself, but it looks like there is enough interest to have another run done. So I will let my very last ones go if you would like them.

Also if I do the an other run, what does everyone think of black instead of red?

I did red last time mainly to match my color scheme.

Daniel, i am in for two sets (or more if supply/demand permits) if you have another batch run. I've done two of my four cars with the bushings you had produced and will need to do the other two at some point, plus would like at least one extra set in reserve in case I break down and buy another car at some point.

Really, I'd buy four sets provided you make another batch large enough that no one else gets shorted were I to buy that many. If you decide to do another run and need a deposit pre-production, let me know. 

On 5/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, D-a-n-i-e-l said:

So it has been a four of five years sense I had these made, I am wondering how they have held up. The set on my car still look great but I have not put many miles on it in that time due to many reasons.

I am down to my last two sets and I am contemplating having an other batch made. The first time I kind of guessed (trying to keep close to stock performance) on the hardness of each piece, so I am sure there may be room for improvement. Also if they are all still intact then there may be close to zero market for them.

Any input will be helpful. 

The Good:  On the one remaining convertible I have, it has held up great!

The Bad: In the last five years, I've only driven the car about 1,200 miles.

• 4 months later...