Not old car related, but DESPARATE!!!

keiser31

Blue Nissan Versa believed headed to either Canada or Texas. I pray they are returned home safely and swiftly.

Not old car related, but for all you do to help others on this board, I cant imagine anyone having a problem with the post. Helping others when they truly need it is more important than any car. Hang in there. Know that many police officers are on the lookout for them.

They were abducted last Saturday? They could be thousands of miles from San Diego County by now. Did they know their abductor? Sometimes it's a stepfather or someone else they already knew. Hopefully they'll be found safe and unhurt....

I'm not sure what a "close platonic relationship" is but if this scumbag killed their mother and another child then these kids are in serious danger. If they cross into Mexico they'll have additional problems. Hopefully this situation will have a happy ending....

John, I took the liberty to post this on a couple of the ebay chat boards because they have many readers on the west coast. I hope that was OK.

That is AWESOME and I hope that everyone who can, will post on their Facebook or other forum pages. Did not really want this to become a thread, but just to be on the lookout for those kids. Thanks.

Here's some more info. It says that the child's body found at the burned out house with the mother may be that of 8 year old Ethan....

SAN DIEGO — The husband of a woman whose body was found in a burned house near the U.S.-Mexico border said Tuesday that he knew the man suspected of killing his wife and abducting one or both of their children.

The disclosure came as a manhunt for James Lee DiMaggio, 40, expanded. The San Diego County Sheriff's Department has said DiMaggio and the victim, 44-year-old Christina Anderson, had been in a close, platonic relationship.

Brett Anderson said he knew DiMaggio "very well" but declined to answer further questions as he arrived from out of town to meet with investigators. He did confirm that he had fathered the two missing children – 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson.

Brett Anderson said the couple was married but declined to elaborate further on their relationship.

Christina Anderson's father, Christopher Saincome, said he had seen the suspect two or three times through his daughter and described him as a good friend of his son-in-law.

Authorities found Christina Anderson's body on Sunday night in the rural home of DiMaggio in Boulevard, a remote hamlet 65 miles east of San Diego. They also found the remains of a child whose identity and cause of death were undetermined.

It will take two or three days for DNA testing to identify the charred body, sheriff's Lt. Glenn Giannantonio told reporters Tuesday, according to U-T San Diego.

"It is a possibility that the body found in the residence is that of Ethan," he said.

Giannantonio didn't respond to a phone message from The Associated Press.

<iframe name="adsonar_serve144480" id="adsonar_serve144480" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" width="300" height="250" src="http://ads.tw.adsonar.com/adserving/getAds.jsp?previousPlacementIds=&placementId=1523709&pid=2259768&ps=-1&zw=300&zh=250&ssl=false&url=http%3A//www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/amber-alert-james-lee-dimaggio-_n_3711084.html&v=5&dct=Amber%20Alert%3A%20James%20Lee%20Dimaggio%20Suspected%20Of%20Killing%20Woman%2C%20Abducting%20Her%20Children%20%28PHOTO%29&ref=http%3A//www.google.com/url%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dethan%2520anderson%2520james%2520dimaggio%26source%3Dnewssearch%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CCoQqQIoADAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%252F2013%252F08%252F06%252Famber-alert-james-lee-dimaggio-_n_3711084.html%26ei%3Dt6YBUoaHOIK68wSaroDADQ%26usg%3DAFQjCNEIwrTmZG-SXzxBtE5ynznaj3yguw%26sig2%3DYOWGMYvx3U3l_XWML6FVog%26bvm%3Dbv.50310824%2Cd.aWc&metakw=amber,alert%3A,james,lee,dimaggio,suspected,of,killing,woman,,abducting,her,children,(photo),crime" style="list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; "></iframe>

An Amber Alert advised freeway motorists, television viewers and mobile phone subscribers about a blue Nissan Versa with California license plates that DiMaggio was believed to be driving. The California Highway Patrol said the suspect could be headed to Texas or Canada.

The FBI joined the search and the Amber Alert was later extended to Mexico's Baja California state, which borders Boulevard.

Monday marked the first time that mobile phone users were notified of a statewide Amber Alert in California through their phones, said CHP spokeswoman Jamie Coffee. The alert system, which was introduced in December, sends messages automatically, based on the phone's location, not the phone number.

Authorities found the body of Christina Anderson near a dead dog when they extinguished flames at the home. The child's body was found later as they sifted through rubble.

Christina Anderson grew up with her mother and stepfather in the east San Diego suburb of Santee, and she aspired to a career in child psychology, said her ex-husband, James Chatfield of La Grande, Ore. The marriage lasted four years, until 1992, and Chatfield said he lost touch.

"She was a high school sweetheart," he said. "It was a marriage of convenience that just didn't work out."

Chatfield said he helped Anderson's current husband move to The Dalles, Ore., in the early 1990s but they lost contact.

I was asked what my relation to this situation is. Here it is...

The woman murdered (Christina Anderson) was my niece. Her daughter is Hannah and her son is Ethan. Please keep positive thoughts about the children's safe return. I am trying not to believe that the child found is Ethan, however I realize what the true situation may be.

I want to thank all of you for allowing me to present this to the forum. I know that it is far from what we normally do here, but we are at our wit's end over this. If the guy and Hannah are in Oregon, the frustration level for me of not being able to help search is unnerving. This forum stretches to all corners of the world and every little bit helps. My family wishes to thank all of you, too for your cooperation and/or thoughts.

Keiser my friend, I am so sorry and shocked to hear of your relationship to this event. This story has been the talk of our household since we saw the amber alert on the emergency broadcast network and got the cell phone alerts. We reside in Portland and have been watching traffic for this car and took a very long drive yesterday along the freeway just in case. It's sad and terrible news but even more so when it affects someone we know. We will remain vigilant here and hope this will be resolved without any further violence. We will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

Update is that the car was found in Cascade, Idaho today. It was covered with brush and two days ago some horse riders stumbled across the kidnapper/murderer and Hannah and they were in good health. The horse riders did not know that the two were being searched for until they returned home.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your niece, but thrilled to hear that Hannah is alright.

Yes, it isn't the norm for this forum, but extenuating circumstances are exactly that. Please keep us updated. Even though I live in Ohio and far from the search area this situation has gripped our attention and many of us truly are wishing for as happy of a resolution to the situation as possible.

Carl

Latest news: Hannah Anderson has been found in good condition. Kidnapper....not such good condition. Thank you to all of the moderators and others who have let me put this out there and to those concerned. I am certain that the extra prayers helped. John and family

So sorry for your loss, John, glad Hannah is safe but the whole episode is a trauma.....hope your family is as OK as they can be with circumstance..the whole story shows what a tight and small world we live in, when people in the remote areas of country can be seen and found...power of media...not the happiest of endings but glad she's safe...

John, I am so very sorry about the loss of your niece and great-nephew. I have three nieces myself, the oldest has two kids, the middle one has one and the youngest has three. I can't even fathom the pain I would have to bear if this had happened to any of them.

And I never dreamed that the man and girl would be found about 45 to 50 miles from where we just were visiting my step-son, his wife and their two kids, ages 14 (daughter) and 10 (son). We drove through Cascade on Sunday morning as we left to head to Yellowstone Park. I am sure that they have hiked in that very wilderness area.

Susan....I guess that you can imagine how I felt when I heard that they were seen relatively close to me and not being able to do anything to help other than to pass the word to be on the lookout. At one point, they were less than 150 miles from our home. We are elated that it has come to this conclusion and that Hannah is safe. I am very glad to be involved with a group such as the AACA whose members are so supportive.

Archived