New 37 Zephyr owner

oldstyle

I picked up a rough 37 Zephyr Sedan. In the process of picking up parts for the car. No engine or tranny, so Im trying to decide which way to go. Possibly V12 with a C4 (anyone have this setup?). For now any running flathead w/ C4. Anyone know if the adapter for the C4 is the same for the V12 and the Ford flathead? This is my first Lincoln so have a lot to learn. Hopefully my questions aren't to crazy (Hey Im new!). Also, is there a way to update the brakes to a newer Hydraulic setup? Except for the tranny and brakes, the car will be pretty stock.

post-52514-143142120239_thumb.jpg

post-52514-143142120264_thumb.jpg

Guest 65Starfire

Looks solid. Post pics as you go and feel free to bug us! There is generally no shortage of experience - better to as a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake - "what you can't use power steering fluid in you brakes?!"

Good luck with your new project. As you don't have a lot of the running gear, are you going to street rod or hot rod it? I was at the NSRA Nationals this past weekend. There was a highly modified Zephyr that was in the running for the top prize. Don't know how it did as I left the show early Sunday. Anyway, we would like to see your Zephyr look as it just left the factory, but with all the parts you need and the fact that their just not there, any Zephyr that survives looks good to me. Just my opinion.

Give "H & H Flatheads" a call. They're in your 'neck of the woods'. They have a lot of experience with the v12's with different setups like Ford trannys. They also have after market stuff like multi-carb intakes, but they ain't cheap.

• 2 weeks later...