Information needed on Duesenbergs

Guest VA 33

Guest VA 33

Want information on J 408 body number 2424 we recently purchased this car, we have cars mostly 5-6-7 chevs and every 33 ford body style, this is our first move into the classic world. I believe Ted Billings rebodied the car approx. 1973, can find no info on the man or car any info on our car would be most helpful, this fall we are having a frame off restoration done. Changing colors on body and interior keeping it period correct, probably needing future info on this. Any help much appreciated.

Edited by VA 33
Did not give enough info (see edit history)

Randy would be the guy to talk to, he knows the provenance of all of them, he took over where Ray Wolff left off. Looks like it started life as a Willloughby Sedan, and now has one of the Derham Tourister replica bodies the guy in Toronto was cranking out mounted on it now. Stunning car, congrats!

Guest VA 33

I'm told the body was built by Ted Billings in the states supposedly the first body he built, what about this Canada thing? Any more info on them?

Guest VA 33
Randy would be the guy to talk to, he knows the provenance of all of them, he took over where Ray Wolff left off. Looks like it started life as a Willloughby Sedan, and now has one of the Derham Tourister replica bodies the guy in Toronto was cranking out mounted on it now. Stunning car, congrats!

I actually hooked with Duesenberg historian Chris Summers in Canada he gave me a lot of info on my car, it was the first rebody Ted Billings did, he was restoring an original Derham Tourster for Tony Pacucci and used this car for patterns for our car, supposedly his first and best rebody.