1955 Mercury Montclair Sunvalley 2Dr Ht

Guest garys64wildcat

Guest garys64wildcat

My Brother in law has this really nice original Montclair Mercury Sun Valley :cool:with the glass top, all original with 292 V8, except was repainted original turquoise/white before he got it. Has had the car for 40+ years. He has talked about selling.

Complete down to the hub caps, no dents, easy restore, little if any rust, good chrome,stainless. Has power windows. sharp car. Has original Wa liscense etc. Has been in heated garage. original interior needs some tlc

Is there a good Mercury forum or an expert here that may be able to help with ideas of value. I know its a rare car and I havent seen many for sale to compare to.

I have some pics but cant get them to upload.

Thanks Gary

Guest 37Packard

Hagerty says #3 condition is $50,600 and #4 is $31,500....

Price Guide Report

From Wikipedia....

The Montclair model line also included the Sun Valley, which featured a Plexiglas "bubble" over the front half of the roof section. While futuristic cars were often featured with clear glass tops in the 1950s, consumers rejected the tinted glass roof Sun Valleys (only 1,500 were produced in 1955) because of the heat buildup in the interior of the vehicles. Following lower sales of the Sun Valley for 1956, the version was discontinued for 1957.

post-87438-143142116927_thumb.jpg

...Following lower sales of the Sun Valley for 1956, the version was discontinued for 1957.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Once again, a reason not to believe or to perpetuate bad info from Wiki. There was no Sun Valley in the Big M's lineup for '56; production of the SV's last run in '55 totalled 1,787. If any '56 SV's exist, they were created by their owners.

Nice '55 Gary!

TG