Sign in to follow this  
daveduricy

1967 Chrysler New Yorker 2-Door

Twilight Turquoise with black vinyl top and black leather interior. Optional 15-inch wheels, optional heavy-duty drum brakes (recently rebuilt), AM/FM radio, air-conditioning (without AutoTemp), clock, bucket seats with power driver seat and passenger side recliner, outside passenger side rear view mirror. 131,601 miles. Original 440 V8 with Carter AVS. Runs and drives. Daily driver and same owner for many, many years. $6,500. Located near Cincinnati, Ohio. For photos, please go to:

1967 Chrysler New Yorker for Sale

Thank You,

Dave Duricy

The car is in really nice shape, considering. BUT some of the stuff it needs to make it worth its fuller potential are a little out of the realm of a normal buyer, I suspect. Certainly I saw no rust under the weathered vinyl roof (in the lower sail panel/glass area), the front seats would need attention (with correct leather and a good quality replacement job), the rust in the trunk floor area seems to be somewhat normal (at least for cars which had the heavy rubber trunk mat, under which condensation could occur and collect), and the hole in the lower fender that needs fixing. Not to mention the complete detailing under the hood and such.

BUT it does have stuff that might tend to even the score . . . the carpet, good chrome/stainless trim, the nice inst panel, "everything there" (except the under-steering wheel panel), factory AM/FM, a/c, etc. And production numbers of probably less than 20K! I think that values can get into the middle $20K range, IF somebody wants one that is in completely pristine original/restored condition. In such a condition, it would make a great car to own and drive AND one which would certainly be a "One of . . ." at ANY event you took it to.

I have a similar '67 Newport. 383-4bbl (AFB), Turbine Bronze, white bucket seat interior and vinyl top, rust issues at the lower end of the sail panel/glass, and a few areas in the rh rr quarter panel and deck lid. I strongly recommend a good cleaning and underhood detailing . . . some satiny black paint can work wonders under there (where appropriate! PM me for more details!).

What about that Imperial in the background of one of the pictures?

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

The Imperial in the background is my 1968 Crown convertible:

post-30958-143142115847_thumb.jpg

The '67 New Yorker belongs to my mother, and it is a wonderful car for all the reasons you mention.

Thanks for the reply!

Dave Duricy