29 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 ton

Note headlights in post #31. They appear to be bowl shaped.

Yep. Don't know that they are correct, however, since it is a restored truck. Not arguing, just curious.

Thanks for posting the pictures on the DA-150. I was able to answer some questions for my restoration. Not much information available for these trucks. You can not beat photos of a fairly original truck. I found a Dodge Bros Club member here in North CA that has a DA-150. Check out Mike French in Oakdale.CA.

Robert b Do you have the pictures for the DA 150 or DA 120 chassis?

I believe the engine shown to be a Senior 6. There are 3 valve cover openings. The DA has 2 openings.

Is that a side mount carburetor also ? Looks like a Zenith lower bowl design for the 2 ton with that Senior engine (notice the hump in the front of the oil pan, that is not found on the DA's). So the truck I'm considering is definitely the DA-150 then , is that correct ? EDIT: If that's the case then the carb could be a Zenith or a Stewart.

Bob, thanks again for posting these illustrations.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The DA engine has the H code in the motor #..

This is a perfect example of simple details I have a hard time retaining :o So if the DA is H code and the Victory is J code then what is the Senior code letter ? Does anyone know of a chart that explains all of the codes and what engines they were designated for ? Sure would be handy for future reference...

This is a perfect example of simple details I have a hard time retaining :o So if the DA is H code and the Victory is J code then what is the Senior code letter ? Does anyone know of a chart that explains all of the codes and what engines they were designated for ? Sure would be handy for future reference...

Have you acquired the guide that is available thru the DB Club. Good summary of past articles of older newsletters

.post-71470-14314212121_thumb.jpg

Senior was .........no its not S, it will come to me

Hi Jason The engines fitted to the Senior Line of motor cars The engine # prefixed with the letter you guessed it S I am sorry I cannot help you with the same engines that were fitted to Commercial Vehicles Ron

I thought it was J for some reason but not that is standard. Thanks Ron

Book4.pdf

30Dodge Panel there were two Senior codes 1927/28 was "IS" and 1929 was "S", Standard Six was "J" and Victory was "M" and the DA was "H". regards Bob

Thanks for posting pages of manuals. What would be the date of these pages? There are # codes listed also. They are 2249(senior) and 2252(improved senior). See attached chart

The hand book is dated 1st May 1929 but the production record goes only to July 2 1928 but I think there is a page missing. Bob
Take a look at page for the Graham version called model DE. My early DB has a toeplate with DE model noted and the 120" WB. The radiator badge is a match to the red 3/4 ton DB truck you posted. Things getting interesting.post-71470-143142122679_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]206558[/ATTACH]
Here's the history of my trucks.My Truck History. I believe Stockton did not export trucks.

1929 Dodge Bros Sceenside was purchased from Odolph Umfress in early 1970’s. The residence was at 2792 Maple St., Sutter CA.

Model: Sceenside, 120in, ¾ ton, DE

Pre-1928 can type headlights, wood spoke wheels

Year Sold 1929

‘DA’ Motor # H79xxx

Frame # S114xxx (frame was destroyed)

Calif. License # is QQQ303

Vehicle registration plate was found under driver’s side door. It showed model as DE and 120in wheelbase. The frame is noted as S114139. All other information on the plate is rusted out.

Parts Truck

Parts truck was purchased in San Bernardino wrecking yard in early 1970’s.

Model: Sceenside, 120in, ¾ ton, DA-1-B

Rounded headlights, iron spoke wheels, 10-leave rear spring

Year Sold 11/17/1931

‘DA’ Motor # H88xxx

Frame # S115xxx (frame salvaged)

Calif. License # is 668QFB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206547[/ATTACH]This truck is one a friend acquired in 2007 from the Gold Coast Hinterland after being stored in a private museum for 15 years. This truck is a 3/4 ton ,1929 model with a "H" code DA engine . The truck is now up and running and in use on the Queensland Gold Coast . Thought might be of interest . regards Bob

I would love to see pics of the engine of this truck if possible, both sides if you can. Close up side view of the headlights also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]206558[/ATTACH]

My 30 Panel is frame #231*** these charts cut off slightly before that. However, the truck on topic looks to have been built around the first week of August. Interesting,, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post this helpful info Bob. :D

Not to sound like a jerk cause I am only trying to help as well but sometimes it is VERY difficult to follow along with you guys because you do not re-read the posts you have made after you have made them and correct any grammatical errors you have made, I know that I also have done the same thing from time to time but someone made me aware of it so I try to be more careful.

Instances like this........The only reason that say this is there is a Senior Six here with a DA style engine in it (2252) body.................

In this instance I have NO Idea whatsoever what is getting interesting or how the plot thickens or what can of worms you have opened. I am eager to add to the topic, maybe help if I can but I have NO idea whatsoever what it is that you all are trying to figure out.

This happens often, I could care less about spelling, I can usually figure out what word is trying to be used but I am just not getting the posts. The posts that you are making Sherman like this for instance .........That is a Stockton truck...........has me confused as well, what the heck are you talking about??? That is your entire post!!!!!!!

Three guys usually participate in these sorts of topics, David, Sherman and now Robert, you all ARE intelligent men, I have read enough of your posts to know that but if you are in such a rush to just make a post without going back and fixing your mistakes than it makes others ( including myself ) less hesitant to participate cause we have to sit here and try and figure out what is being laid out before us.

I dropped out of school at the 7th grade level so yes my grahmer stinks and prob. my spelling as well but I think it is not to the point of being not understandable.

I for one am thoroughly confused and just want to participate.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

I think from what I have been reading the 2249 "IS" code refers to the Continental made engine and the 2252 "S" code the Dodge engine (same as the DA "H" that that was used in latter Senior Six ). regards Bob

I sure would like to see what you have referenced for the IS code relating to the Continental engine if possible, I do not believe I have read this in the past.

From information that I have the Senior 6 Line of cars had a chassis # beginning with IS and the engines with an S prefix No where have I seen a Senior engine with an IS prefix If you have one Robert could you post a picture so I can file it for future reference Cheers Ron

The red Dodge Brothers truck frame number begins with "Sxxxxxx" , I have not got the number with me now but can get it in a days , very interesting , the plot deepens Bob

I was not aware that Stockton trucks were exported. Has the owner requested a build card?

The body is different. I believe the chassis were exported and the bodies were built in Australia.

Thanks Bob for information. I will use the "reply with quote" option to provide better continuity to the tread.

My 30 Panel is frame #231*** these charts cut off slightly before that. However, the truck on topic looks to have been built around the first week of August. Interesting,, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post this helpful info Bob. :D

It appears the charts posted by Bob are for export trucks only.

Jason, I understand your frustration (we all know how much you help us), I too had to re-read thing's to make sense of what has transpired but having said that, I think it's obvious to see that because of they're excitement and enjoyment it's easy to see that, not just in this thread, or by these 3 men (I guess I'm one of them hence "David") that if you take a step back from your frustration you can easily see that it's a simple error we ALL tend to make from time to time. I have no problem accepting your advice/criticism and it has been sincerely noted but, I for one have no problem interpreting what was being discussed. As I said, I understand your frustration but we are contributing the best we can, again, your advice is noted.

As for where Bob got the IS and S for the Senior, I'm guessing it was from this chart that you posted for me a while back. Again, I think he was just excited about the research he was seeing (enjoying) and just got caught up in the moment. I have just been waiting to see what transpires as we work through this issue. I for one am kind of starting to regret throwing the question into the topic but I thought it would lead to fairly simple answers, but once again, sometimes things aren't so simple as we all know... Personally I think it helps us all in the end if we work thru these issues even in an unorthodox manner of research if it means getting to the truth in the end. Just my opinion but I don't mind I can see in the context of the thread what we are all meaning so lets just move on and learn collectively.

EDIT: Bob, is this chart below the chart you were basing your IS or S comments on in regards to the Senior prefix designation?

post-69994-143142123698_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have a similar chart for commercial vehicles or trucks ? That would help clear things up for many of us in regards to the differences from the passenger cars and trucks.

Hi Jason The engines fitted to the Senior Line of motor cars The engine # prefixed with the letter you guessed it S I am sorry I cannot help you with the same engines that were fitted to Commercial Vehicles Ron

That's really the heart of my question, thanks for pointing out that we are discussing a Commercial Vehicle here Ron.

So, let me be clear on the question we are all after now : "What is the prefix letter used for the Senior engine that was in Commercial Vehicles or Trucks" ?

I was not aware that Stockton trucks were exported. Has the owner requested a build card?

The body is different. I believe the chassis were exported and the bodies were built in Australia.

Great point, I am curious to know what the answer is if we can find out.

Thanks Sherman, yes, I seen that before. I can see I need to stock up on some items from the DB Club store... It all takes time and money... but I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction :D

BTW, I see why your excited about the possibility of finding out more in regards to the DE. It's taken me a while but I'm finally starting to see. I too am curious to what evidence you can hopefully find. Bob said he'll be seeing it "during the week" so we may have to wait to find out if it's a match. Good luck !

Thanks Sherman, yes, I seen that before. I can see I need to stock up on some items from the DB Club store... It all takes time and money... but I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction :D

BTW, I see why your excited about the possibility of finding out more in regards to the DE. It's taken me a while but I'm finally starting to see. I too am curious to what evidence you can hopefully find. Bob said he'll be seeing it "during the week" so we may have to wait to find out if it's a match. Good luck !

I have not seen any reference to the "DE" model 3/4 ton in any of the model code for Dodge Bros trucks. There is a DET and BE models only noted. Hopefully the truck of Bobs friend has a build card or toe plate with a note for the DE model.

Jason, I understand your frustration (we all know how much you help us), I too had to re-read thing's to make sense of what has transpired but having said that, I think it's obvious to see that because of they're excitement and enjoyment it's easy to see that, not just in this thread, or by these 3 men (I guess I'm one of them hence "David") that if you take a step back from your frustration you can easily see that it's a simple error we ALL tend to make from time to time. I have no problem accepting your advice/criticism and it has been sincerely noted but, I for one have no problem interpreting what was being discussed. As I said, I understand your frustration but we are contributing the best we can, again, your advice is noted.

As for where Bob got the IS and S for the Senior, I'm guessing it was from this chart that you posted for me a while back. Again, I think he was just excited about the research he was seeing (enjoying) and just got caught up in the moment. I have just been waiting to see what transpires as we work through this issue. I for one am kind of starting to regret throwing the question into the topic but I thought it would lead to fairly simple answers, but once again, sometimes things aren't so simple as we all know... Personally I think it helps us all in the end if we work thru these issues even in an unorthodox manner of research if it means getting to the truth in the end. Just my opinion but I don't mind I can see in the context of the thread what we are all meaning so lets just move on and learn collectively.

EDIT: Bob, is this chart below the chart you were basing your IS or S comments on in regards to the Senior prefix designation?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206653[/ATTACH]

Does anyone have a similar chart for commercial vehicles or trucks ? That would help clear things up for many of us in regards to the differences from the passenger cars and trucks.

There are very few people that can contribute decent information to the subject at hand, I cannot contribute a thing nor learn a thing because I have no idea what anyone is even trying to figure out. Thanks anyway

Unless I've missed it I see nothing indicating "commercial or truck" in the last post. In post #104 I do see a common ground with GB's but no direct relationship even still... Can U pleeze bee more spamcific in an Unaustrallain kinda way ? Or as we say in the United States of America, get to the point dude !

Thanks Dave for posting the guideon the engines I wasn't disputing what you guys were saying its just that I have never seen a 2249 motor with any other prefix other than an S This forum is a great learning curve for all of us I know that I for one has found it very helpfull One day I will learn how to send pics and then I can share my DB2249 with you all Thank you Ron