1942 Zephyr - What is it worth.

Guest TheZephyr

Guest TheZephyr

I have a friend who has a fully restored 1942 Zephyr she would like to sell. Car was running when her husband passed a few years ago. May need the battery charged but car is in great condition. I'm not sure where to start to determine a price on this car. Can anyone on here point me to someone or somewhere that may be able to help price this car. I know there were only a few hundred made that year so there aren't a lot for sale.

Guest TheZephyr
Need to know the quality of restoration, and if it's a sedan, coupe, convertible or hearse/ambulance. Also need to know its mechanical condition.

I'm going to get some pictures tonight. I know the car is in good shape with suicide doors. Restored with all original parts as far as I know. Owner payed close attention to making sure parts maintained the true history of the car.

Guest TheZephyr
Sound like a Fordor sedan. It's going to be at the bottom end, value wise. It still will not be cheap if it is in the shape that it's purported to be, just won't bring coupe or convertible money

Here are a couple pictures.

post-95440-143142114119_thumb.jpg

post-95440-143142114128_thumb.jpg

post-95440-143142114138_thumb.jpg

post-95440-143142114143_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheZephyr (see edit history)

Nice old car but not entirely correctly done. Missing fender skirts, upholstery material doesn't look quite correct, steering wheel definitely incorrect, tires are incorrect and the photos do not really tell us anything about the condition. However, based on what is incorrect, we could probably surmise that the quality of paint and body work may not be top-notch, either. I suspect that this car's value may be $5,000-8,000. An underhood photo would be very important, too, as many, many, many of these cars had their V-12 engines swapped in place of a postwar V-8.