1936 Dodge Brothers?

Guest harley_squirrelnuts

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to tour an old homestead acreage that a friend had bought for investment when the market was down. Turns out there are a few vehicles hiding in the trees with the old storage sheds and homestead house. I am going down to have a closer look with him as he told me he would leave them there until they rust. He is a surgeon and has no interest in cars. I will take some pictures and post them when I get them. There is an International pickup truck sitting there with the engine, rad etc. in it. Can't remember the details on it.

I will snap some shots and do some research.

I remember being impressed with an old Dodge Brothers car that is essentially complete except the wheels. After looking at some pics on line I believe it is a 1936 model. The trunk hinges, bumpers, grill, engine covers, trunk lid and all the glass are intact and shining. Couldn't open the hood or trunk and all the wheels are gone (I'm sure they went on a farm wagon years ago). The upholstery and headliner are rotted and hanging all over. I love seeing restored cars and I really don't want to see this rust away. He told me I can do what I want with it. We will see if he means it. If it is worth something to restorers, I would like to see it go there. Nobody is looking to get rich but I know some old parts are hard to come by and I will be investing some of my own time and effort to get to this car. I will post some pictures when I get there in the next 2-3 weeks and would welcome advice ahead of that. I don't want to destroy anything like the trunk lid just to get it open. I will also snap some pics of the other vehicles that are there.

Guest prs519

Yes, take lots of pics, watch for snakes and poisonous spiders. See if the floorpans are rusted out (often makes the difference as to weather one parrts out a car, or restores it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will see what I can get for pictures. No poisonous snakes here this far north of the 49th and even the spiders don't come here! Wish I'd taken pics with my phone. Any suggestions on opening the hood/side bonnets? The appear to be a metal lever. Or the trunk for that matter? Didn't try to open a door to look at the floor boards.

• 1 month later...

Hi All. I'm new to the forum. I searched through 36 dodge pickup and came across this thread. I'm new to collecting and restoring, so I appreciate the help. Can you estimate the range in price to purchase a 36 dodge pickup in good condition, running, very straight, all original with the exception of the grill. It's being offered to me for $8K. If this isn't the right forum, please point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.